68 DS21 Pallas BVH
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Middlemoon.1

Thread: 68 DS21 Pallas BVH

Default 68 DS21 Pallas BVH

I can report that my new 68 DS21 has successfully become a Melbourne car.There is a little tidying to do here and there, but she seems to get sweeter each day. Today for example, I think the gear change is better than ever. I can't tell if this is me, it could be.

There is a lot of personality. After sorting the cooling and a variety of re-commissioning bits and pieces (it had some cx rear suspension gear on board for example), I now have a bit more to do to transfer the registration.

On close inspection, the car is very original. We have determined that all the panels are original - and not as bad as first feared. Her original colour is AC623 Bleu Andalou - I like the colour and this will be restored. Having been a one-owner car on the Gold Coast for 44 years, I believe the white colour, sheepskins, tinted windows and air-conditioning was all done to keep cool!

It's definitely enjoyable to drive and a good conversation piece! The complete hydraulic suite is quirky and entertaining - a sensory pleasure with lots of great noises….and lots of interesting literature to read and re-read. Messers Berry and Griesy have given the thumbs up over a brilliant evening. A chance to experience some amazing cars.

My usual brains trust is getting me through the registration phases and there is light at the end of the tunnel with this...

This car is a great blend for me, a good and interesting car.

Advertisement

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 68 DS21 Pallas BVH-fullsizerender-10.jpg  

thats a supreme set up for the D, hydraulique shift and slopey dash, you're living the dream dude!

Can you get it through rego without headrests?

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    thats a supreme set up for the D, hydraulique shift and slopey dash, you're living the dream dude!

Can you get it through rego without headrests?

Apparently yes....just as well cos these seats are very good and the leather in good nic. I'm not keen on changing anything about them.

Check this link for the original colour of the car - in my car's year and spec:

http://www.nuancierds.fr/caisses/ble...68%20small.jpg
    Last edited by Middlemoon.1; 24th February 2015 at 10:46 PM.

Veeery pretty.
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

This is indeed a magnificent car that will respond well to ongoing tweaking. Some work to be done which no doubt will yield great results. I can confirm that no head rests are required for vic reg. I suspect that bleeding the system again will help the car settle, there is a few places to bleed the system, mostly due to the fact the separate components on the BVH can hold air. We didn't have time to bleed from the CRC, which Im sure will give further improvement. But driving is by far the best remedy for any DS. Don't be afraid to give it the beans!

Thread Information