2007 C5 2.2 HDi Fuel Leak
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2007 C5 2.2 HDi Fuel Leak

My C5 has developed a fuel leak in the fuel return line. I know very little about this but would like to know how to fix it. I have attached pictures to show the location of the leak. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2007 C5 2.2 HDi Fuel Leak-20150212_084501.jpg2007 C5 2.2 HDi Fuel Leak-20150212_084511.jpg2007 C5 2.2 HDi Fuel Leak-20150212_084522.jpg

Fellow Frogger

It's a fitted hose assembly on the low pressure side, but it may still be under a slight pressure nonetheless. Replacement is probably the best option, but you could possibly just remove the offending section of hose to see if it is somehow damaged or the sealing is affected by Eolys debris. I think there is a clip holding the hose end on to the injector, so you need to check for that so as not to force or lose anything. There is likely to be a sealing o-ring inside the hose end, so if it's not a split hose, you might look at that. The cleanest way is to replace it, but make sure any replacement has the protective covering, which were meant to prevent chafing damage. It should be common to Peugeot models with the same engine and maybe even some Fords using the same engine??

Tadpole

Thanks for the reply. I thought a replacement assy would be the best way to go but wsn't sure about pressures and connections. If it all clips tohether then no big problem to replace. You mentioned checking the offending piece of hose (pipe?) - would it unclip at both ends?

Been there! Cheap plastic connectors subject to cracking. I just replaced the lot. Cost $331 all up in 2011.

Regards, Rossie.

Tadpole

$331 sounds a bit on the high side. The parts are about $90 - did you fit them yourslef or get a dealer to do it?

Dieseltec in Mackay ordered the parts in urgently, and did the job. I needed the car back on the road in good order, so wasn't too concerned about trying to find a cheaper way. Nearest dealer Townsville or Rocky. Not an option with fuel leaking in the engine bay.

Rossie.

Thread Information