Thoroughbred & Classic Cars magazine DS article.
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Thoroughbred & Classic Cars magazine DS article.

The January 2015 issue of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars on the newsstands this week has an interesting seven page article on the restoration of a '71 DS 21 BVH.
    There are many other interesting car articles too including a six car Jaguar XJ-S comparison for David S.

Richard

Advertisement

Tried to get this magazine from a couple of newsagents in town but they don't stock it. Luckily the Cook, god bless her, found the last one for me from the newsagents on the so called bypass this 'arvo. Trying to save it for bed time reading.

CitroŽn Regards
    Brian
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Quote Originally Posted by citroenut View Post
    The January 2015 issue of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars on the newsstands this week has an interesting seven page article on the restoration of a '71 DS 21 BVH.
    There are many other interesting car articles too including a six car Jaguar XJ-S comparison for David S.

Richard
    Perfect! I will grab a copy to enjoy my coffee stops as I drive from Brisbane to Melbourne this weekend in '68 version of the same model!

Thanks for the tip!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    Perfect! I will grab a copy to enjoy my coffee stops as I drive from Brisbane to Melbourne this weekend in '68 version of the same model!

Thanks for the tip!

Tim
    The article makes one particularly interesting point for me. The restorers preference is for a car to 'feel' right before they start work on it. Not something I had ever stopped to think about since my assumption was that if you undertake a thorough restoration presumably at the end of that restoration it will then feel right.
    This almost suggests a 'spirit' inhabits each car and that if this spirit is lacking it is not worth proceeding with. Any other opinions?

SF

Fellow Frogger!

I have read the article...not well written and a bit 'here and there" .. my overwhelming impression is "Why would you bother ?? " .....

far better to raid Oz for a rust free example.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotFrog View Post
    The article makes one particularly interesting point for me. The restorers preference is for a car to 'feel' right before they start work on it. Not something I had ever stopped to think about since my assumption was that if you undertake a thorough restoration presumably at the end of that restoration it will then feel right.
    This almost suggests a 'spirit' inhabits each car and that if this spirit is lacking it is not worth proceeding with. Any other opinions?

SF
    I agree with this. My reference is that I have driven many id19s of the same spec over the years. Tired cars that felt fabulous, restored cars that felt unpleasant or somehow not quite right. And sometimes it's hard to say why. Sometimes it's like silk, other times harder work. I suppose there must be logical reasons for what seems a subjective thing...but I wonder if it's about what day they rolled off the line!

My new ds feels friendly, so I'll definitely be pursuing the relationship in terms of improvement!

Tim

Thread Information