CX Plumbing
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: CX Plumbing

Default CX Plumbing

If I CX Plumbing-cx_hose.jpgdescribe it as the "middle" hose coming out of the LHM tank, say there is a rubber Tee only a few cm along the hose, and that the tank hose has just about broken right off the Tee, it may explain the green stuff on the floor! From my attempts to decipher the necessary books, I'd guess it may be the brake feed and return system, running at relatively low pressure. So do I have to find the other ends of the two hoses and replace the lot, or would an acceptable fix be a bit of copper tube tightly clamped inside both the tee and the hose??? Or other suggestions, please?

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cootafrog View Post
    If I Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cx_hose.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	65849describe it as the "middle" hose coming out of the LHM tank, say there is a rubber Tee only a few cm along the hose, and that the tank hose has just about broken right off the Tee, it may explain the green stuff on the floor! From my attempts to decipher the necessary books, I'd guess it may be the brake feed and return system, running at relatively low pressure. So do I have to find the other ends of the two hoses and replace the lot, or would an acceptable fix be a bit of copper tube tightly clamped inside both the tee and the hose??? Or other suggestions, please?
    replacement is the only long term fix. You will find the rubber splits around whatever joiners you use over time. A new octopus feels very supple compared to the hard old lines on the car

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Shane is right unfortunately. The rubber pipes usually split as you fit a joiner in them. If you can use a small one and fit it without it splitting, you could prevent it splitting later by clamping around the pipe with a hose clamp. A really tiny one.
    Good luck, we've all been there.

I went to Bunnings and bought some black plastic tubing and connectors used for small gauge watering systems.These made excellent alternative return hoses and fittings for the low pressure return tubes.

A quick fix will be joining it up with a plastic or copper pipe. Be careful to get one that is very close to the size as it will split again if it is to tight. A new one is the only long term fix, available from CX Basis. It handles the return from the steering governor, rear height corrector, front height corrector and steering control unit (from memory - changed mine long enough ago that it needs doing again) and most importantly the big pipe takes the return from the pressure regulator . It is all low pressure leakage return but the volume from the regulator is very high so you most have a large puddle under the car.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Thread Information