OBD2 bluetooth adaptor
  • Register
  • Help

Default OBD2 bluetooth adaptor

Hello Citroen fans
    I have seen a product that plugs into the OBD connector (somewhere under the dash) that with connect to your smart phone via a downloaded app that will give you a diagnostic tool as it reads fault codes etc, type in your browser OBD2 bluetooth for more info, approx $14 + postage. I'm going to order one for my C5 (as I'm still having issue's with the gear selector not releasing very quickly).

Advertisement

Cheers
    Leanmor

Don't waste your time or your money on these blue tooth devices, the very limited information they give is in most cases just a repeat of what your car instrumentation already tells you. I have one and on my 407 it tells me next to nothing about any of the things that are important that I want to know about. I was using a program called "Torque Pro" on my android device, plus I had a couple of other programs on my laptop, also called "Pro" and they too did diddly squat.

I have tried a unit on my C5X7. It is good for seeing how much boost the turbo is generating and what the oil pressure and coolant temperature actually are in sensible units rather than having to count how many blobs light up along a straight line.

I haven't had to try to read or reset any fault codes yet (yes I an touching wood as I write this) but I suspect you wouldn't get much sense out of it for fault code descriptions. Next time I get a fault code I will try to remember to reset it with Torque Pro and report back here.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thanks Ken for being a great guinea pig, I reckon I will get one as I am a bit of a geek & love that kinda stuff.

Leanmor

Exactly why I got mine. Get one of the smaller blue transparent ones as it will sit in the OBD connector and still let the arm rest close. Lots of fun to play with while SWMBO or someone else is driving although it does tend to flatten the battery on the phone somewhat faster than normal.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information