C5 intermittent Airbag fault
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default C5 intermittent Airbag fault

Hi All
    My 2004 C5 has an intermittent Airbag fault, I think sometimes it reads as passenger side?
    Is this the end for my 280,000km C5?
    Can airbag faults be fixed?
    I googled Airbag repairers in Melbourne but nothing stood out, I guess an auto electrician would be the best person?
    My friend with C5 has the same problem, he is going to send the car to the wreckers.
    Regards Snooze

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Snooze

Could be a fair chance that the problem is only the under dash connector. Common fault. Under the stop light switch are a bunch of connectors, one of them has something to do with air bag, don't know which one, but pulling 'em apart and pushing together again hard, making sure everything is home and the wires are held tight, usually fixes the problem. I have mine zippied together. No more annoying, spasmodic air bag fault warnings. Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Default Electrical contact spray

My Xantia had the same problem; if the C5 is the same, there is an orange plug-sensor under the passenger seat; if sprayed with electrical contact spray; light went out; I use to spray it every 3-4 months when the light came on..Problem solved..

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Hi All
    My 2004 C5 has an intermittent Airbag fault, I think sometimes it reads as passenger side?
    Is this the end for my 280,000km C5?
    Can airbag faults be fixed?
    I googled Airbag repairers in Melbourne but nothing stood out, I guess an auto electrician would be the best person?
    My friend with C5 has the same problem, he is going to send the car to the wreckers.
    Regards Snooze

Thread Information