DS Pallas headlining replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon5 DS Pallas headlining replacement

Having got some quotes for this job recently I have decided, reluctantly, that I need to do it myself.
    The actual headlining will be done with the roof off and inverted. I have just removed the old felt material from the 2 (front and rear) trim strips and found that I also had to remove the remains of the plastic foam material underneath the netting.
    My question is - does anyone know what thickness and material this padding was originally?
    Also I found that the foam(rubber?) on the C pillar trim pieces and under the netting is almost totally rotted. Is there any easy way to replace this as it is/was specially shaped?

Advertisement

Don
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

It was originally 4mm foam backed velour. I have never been able to find it. The closest I can find locally is a 3mm foam backed velour, Vyfab in Melbourne call it "Dove grey foam backed velour", no doubt someone in Adelaide will have it. It is almost exactly the same as the original.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS Pallas headlining replacement-7.jpg  
    Last edited by mberry; 1st February 2015 at 10:13 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Michael. I have a kit of the actual main material but was referring to the material which was originally underneath the netting which is under the outer headlining fabric. This was only on the 2 removable strips around the edge of the roof, but on my car was totally rotted to brown crumbs. I assume that it was a plastic foam material and needs to be replaced, but was wondering what the original thickness was.

Don
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

it was 4mm, good luck.

Thread Information