• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shanadoo

Thread: ABS sensor info required

Fellow Frogger!

Icon8 ABS sensor info required

Ok
    how do I test an ABS wheel sensor on '03 C5 hdi , OHms meter doesn't read, so I reckon I need to make up a couple of jack leads to test the voltage with the motor running?. If so, what voltage can I expect, on most vehicles its 10v, so what is it on Citroen?.

Abs warning showing up with increasing frequency, hot or cold, even when just moving off, fwd or rev, its driving me nuts. I could put up with the ding donging but the loss of power is something else. Grrrrr.

Advertisement

Cheers Tony.

1000+ Posts

Hi Tony,
    Sorry that I do not know the answer. However I do have a couple of the sensors on the spare suspension parts that I have. You are welcome to them if they are useful. As you probably already know they pick up the magnetic poles built into the bearing seals AFAIK.
    On a quick check the rear and front are different shape where they face the seal from different directions. I could put a meter on them tomorrow.
    Jaahn

Disconnect a sensor plug and pin both prongs with a multimeter set to Volts AC. Stationary it should read zero or close to it. When you spin the wheel the voltage will jump up if it is working. Build up of brake rotor particles can cause them to read oddly or not at all.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Jaahn I'll keep that in mind if mine turn out to be faulty. An ohms meter doesn't read anything when turning the wheel. Likewise if I wave a magnet over the sensors. I'll keep on keeping on. Tony.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Bluey
    I did clean away the brake dust a while ago but that didn't help in this case. I'll try voltage reading today if I get time and see what I get, can't find any parameters on the web pertaining to C5 per see. Maybe I'm just hoping for an easy answer to the problem.
    Cheers Tony.
    jaahn likes this.

I would have thought a lexia or diagbox interrogation would come back with which wheel sensor or other bit is not working properly.

Cheers,

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    I would have thought a lexia or diagbox interrogation would come back with which wheel sensor or other bit is not working properly.

Cheers,

Ken W

Could be Ken W, But I don't have either and would rather not pay $$$$ for someone to tell me "no fault coded stored. The system needed an updated downloaded reconfiguration. It's fine now and operating normally"

I've had poor experience in the past from those Lexia interrogation maestros, saying all systems go, when it's blatantly obvious their not.
    Including one or three from Bris Cit, whose technicians 'ave got their head right up their proverbial, in my humble opinion. So I'd rather not go down that road. Problem is annoying is all. Cheers tony.

Thread Information