Service suggestions for IN WARRANTY 2013 C4 Grand Picasso
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Service suggestions for IN WARRANTY 2013 C4 Grand Picasso

Hello

I own a late 2013 C4 Grand Picasso.
    It was bought in April 2014 and will be due for its 12 month/10k service soon.
    I live in inner south-east Melbourne.
    Car was bought from Citroen Brighton (Motorworld).
    I am obviously still within my year warranty.

I was not very impressed with the dealership and am also concerned about price gauging on servicing costs.
    However, I do not want to cause issues with possible warranty claims in the future.
    What do people recommend for servicing within the warranty period on these cars.
    Should I just go back to my original dealer?
    Is there a "better" dealer in Melbourne in terms of servicing.
    Are there independent mechanics who can do approved servicing on these more recent model Citroens.

Advertisement

Thanks for your responses.

Daniel

Hi dbanyasz, join the club personally I would not send a matchbox toy to that mob, first service WRONG OIL, good job I had my stock of TOTAL OIL AND MADE THEM CHANGE THE OIL, YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT THE CRAP THAT GOES ON, EVEN WHEN THE PREVIOUS MOB DID NOT KNOW WATER FROM STEEL, DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IDIOTS record all issues in writing KEEP A Record, pass it on to the mob that import the CITROEN,and get a REPLY, best bet is Swedish Prestige Clayton, get a report in writing, send a copy to the importer,and CITROEN FRANCE, it will cost some dollars. Good Luck. Tony

Quote Originally Posted by dbanyasz View Post
    Hello

I own a late 2013 C4 Grand Picasso.
    It was bought in April 2014 and will be due for its 12 month/10k service soon.
    I live in inner south-east Melbourne.
    Car was bought from Citroen Brighton (Motorworld).
    I am obviously still within my year warranty.

I was not very impressed with the dealership and am also concerned about price gauging on servicing costs.
    However, I do not want to cause issues with possible warranty claims in the future.
    What do people recommend for servicing within the warranty period on these cars.
    Should I just go back to my original dealer?
    Is there a "better" dealer in Melbourne in terms of servicing.
    Are there independent mechanics who can do approved servicing on these more recent model Citroens.

Thanks for your responses.

Daniel
    I think Citroen Brighton would have to pay me to allow them to have a look under the bonnet of my car. $100.00 a minute would be ok, and no touching anything.
    I would be looking for any well experienced Peugeot Service Mechanic, because apart from the badging the car is basically a Peugeot in a slightly different body. My Citroen C5 has a Peugeot V6 engine and many other Peugeot parts.
    Cheers...

Tadpole

thanks for your replies.

My concerns about Brighton citroen seem to be born out.

I am however keen to maintain my warranty and I don't want to give Citroen cause to refuse any future warranty repairs.
    Is there some sort of designation that Citroen gives certain repairers that make them "official" citroen approved repairers.

If yes, then I need to use one of those.
    Otherwise I can use anyone.

Thoughts?

Daniel

Phone Colin Stark at Alpine Affaire in Ringwood. He might have some suggestions.

I seem to remember that Ateco had a deal with Ultratune so that you could take the car for normal servicing and not impact on warranty support. Not sure if this is still in vogue with Sime Darby. However, if you have a diesel I would only use the correct Total oil in the engine if you want DPF longevity.

Cost issues are the same everywhere - best way to manage that is to get a quote before you take it in and make sure they stick to it when you pick the car up - its amazing how much they can shave off to meet the quoted figure.

Cheers,

Ken W

UFO

You will not void the warranty on any new car in Australia if you have it serviced by a licenced mechanic. Purchased extended warranties may be otherwise affected.

The truth about car servicing costs
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

hi

thanks for the good information.
    Does anyone have experience/knowledge of Bayside European Peugeot Service at 1234 Glenhuntly Road, Glen Huntly.
    They would be conveniently close to my house.

What alternatives can be found in the south eastern suburbs.

thanks

Daniel

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by dbanyasz View Post

What alternatives can be found in the south eastern suburbs.
    l
    Have a look here aussiefrogs - The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999 - aussiefrogs.com - Google Search Results
    Last edited by IWS; 18th March 2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typo

Tadpole

thanks for that suggestion.
    I have tried to read most of those posts before asking.

I guess my concern is that many of the posts and discussions are about mechanics that are highly regarded, but the cars are often older models from the early 2000's and also much earlier.

Can these same mechanics also service the current generation of citroen's eg. my C4 Grand Picasso, or are the equipment/computerised analysis requirements different.

I took my old Peugeot 504 to Ted Geermans many years ago, and am happy to go to a similar workshop, but is there anyone here taking current model citroens to these guys.

thanks

Daniel

Thread Information