Ds21 efi
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Ds21 efi

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ds21 efi

The wires on my EFI loom have become very brittle, after a lumpy drive home I noticed the wires going to No 1 injector have snapped off!!So to begin with I need some new injector connectors.Any help most welcome
    Woody

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

I think it's available, but expensive, if you look at the Franzose website. Otherwise, you can buy a kit of most, if not all of the engine bay connectors and make up your own loom. The 2-pin boots are available and they are also used on other D-Jets like early EFI Jaguar, but I'm not sure about the other boots. If you were going to make your own, all of the wires are black, but you could consider changing to a silicone insulated wire, that's better for high temperatures than your typical wire. If you just need one injector connector with a little wire, I think I may have one I can send you, but you are better to do the lot properly.

p.s. the polarity for the injectors and cold start injector is not important.
    Last edited by David S; 28th January 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Give EFI hardware a call. Not long ago (within the last couple of years) they did have d jetronic injector connectors in stock. I bought some.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks David,I have been unable to find anything on Der Franzose.I also sent a message to EFI hardware a couple of days ago.Inthe long term I,d like to make a new loom using PTFE coated wire.However as a quick fix if you have a connector with a few cms of reasonable lead I would be most greatful.
    Woody

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It's quite a simple harness. You can readily fabricate a new one. I got the terminals from a local auto electrician from memory.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I got a connector from my local Peps store for the cold start injector on the CX. I presume they are the same.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger

Look part way down the page here for various options:
    Citroen-DS-11CV-HY / DS / cable tree
    The rubber boots are not as original, but it's obviously functional. I assume they slip down and over the plug when fitted.

Citron Pieces sell this kit and it has the correct D-Jet rubber boots with the two ears:
    Citron Pieces ? Webshop ? Repair kit for electrical Citroen electrical wiring harness (Bosch injection system).
    Franzose may have it too, but it will be common to lots of cars with D-Jet and the local auto-electrician should be able to help.

If the plastic of the connector is OK, you can release the spade connectors by depressing the little tongue retainer with a very fine pick or similar. Then solder on some new wires. I don't think the spade connectors are anything special.

If you still need a plug with a little wire, pm me with your address. The wire is fairly hard though.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks all,Cit Pieces kit on the way.
    Woody

Did you order by emailing them? I've emailed previously with no reply. Will try again if you've had success.

Thread Information