• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boyracer
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: Old CX Airhorns...

Default Old CX Airhorns...

I had some fun today,
    I replaced the original C5 horns with a set up from one of my old CX's. There is one small metal high pitched Klaxon branded unit which I re-painted, and one pair of Italian Air Horns.
    Wow... I had forgotten how loud these things are. Glad I kept them.

Does anyone have a C5 towbar they don't want?

Cheers....George 1/8th.

Advertisement

Suggest you add a 40A helper relay for the Roadmasters; cheaper than reworking your underbonnet fusebox when it can't cope.

Thanks Addo,
    I had them on the Xantia for 6 years without a relay, with no problem. I don't think they draw any more than 3 or 4 amps max, if that. I'll keep an eye on them, and add a relay if it seems warranted.. Thanks for the suggestion.
    cheers...

UFO

Mrs UFO keeps mentioning the C4 horn is gutless - remembering she was used to the CX prior. One day I'll get around to fitting some airhorns.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Mrs UFO keeps mentioning the C4 horn is gutless - remembering she was used to the CX prior. One day I'll get around to fitting some airhorns.
    Hey Craig, it seems to be well worth it. I used european wiring fittings to keep it all original and easily reversed if needed.
    I can recommend a pair of little electric horns that my first car had, it was a Fiat, and the horns were FIAM....very sharp and raucous, I kept fitting them to the next 5 or 6 cars I had until I got sick of doing it. And I added a relay. They were just electric and no airhorn, but were fantastic.
    Any CX airhorn seems to do the trick, but it still works best with one high pitch electric and one pair of air horns.
    cheers...

cheers...

UFO

Thanks - Mrs UFO knows the joy of airhorns plus the electric. Especially at Sydney Airport Domestic back when you could pick up people on the lower concourse covered by the concrete departures ramp above.

Did someone say sound chamber?

She burnt out the electric she held it on so long but the airs just kept powering on. EVENTUALLY the ditherers in front moved on.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Thanks - Mrs UFO knows the joy of airhorns plus the electric. Especially at Sydney Airport Domestic back when you could pick up people on the lower concourse covered by the concrete departures ramp above.

Did someone say sound chamber?

She burnt out the electric she held it on so long but the airs just kept powering on. EVENTUALLY the ditherers in front moved on.
    I think you mean Sydney Airport and it's surounds knows the joy of Mrs UFO's airhorns!
    UFO likes this.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Sounds like it wasn't the Domestic Terminal at that point; more the Ballistic Terminal. Still love my twin (ex-307) electrics plus twin scroll Stebel. It screams: You are on a rail crossing, with a fast train approaching...
    UFO likes this.

Thread Information