Anti Pollution Fault.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Anti Pollution Fault.

2 litre petrol C5, showed "Anti Pollution Fault" on m/f display. After a period, it disappeared, and then, a month or so later, reappeared. The battery was 5 years plus old so, replaced with a new battery and the fault warning disappeaed yet again. Now, 3 weeks later, it's back! The car performs perfectly. Any ideas on cause and solution?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

No idea. But I've got the diagtool if you want me to read the fault. I'm in west footscray so not that far away. PM me.

1000+ Posts

Default Normal fault ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpterry View Post
    2 litre petrol C5, showed "Anti Pollution Fault" on m/f display. After a period, it disappeared, and then, a month or so later, reappeared. The battery was 5 years plus old so, replaced with a new battery and the fault warning disappeaed yet again. Now, 3 weeks later, it's back! The car performs perfectly. Any ideas on cause and solution?
    Hi John
    Now without more information on the year etc and history etc, my immediate comment is, that's normal.
    You should check the pollution hoses and the recirculation hoses too on the rear/end of the head under the pretty cover. Fix any that are split, broken etc. Then if no other symptoms just ignore the light The computer setting for this are set very low and as they age they fail somewhat but go OK. Use good quality fuel too or it will be worse.
    Jaahn

Thread Information