Light 15 at Shannons
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts FIVEDOOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    19,960

    Default Light 15 at Shannons

    1952 Citroen Light 15 Sedan for sale at Shannon's Park and Sell for $21,000

    Citroen Light 15 Sedan Auctions - Lot TBA - Shannons

    Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    615

    Default

    What ever possessed the owner to do the dashboard like that ? Yuck !!!

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    castlemaine
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    1952 Citroen Light 15 Sedan for sale at Shannon's Park and Sell for $21,000

    Citroen Light 15 Sedan Auctions - Lot TBA - Shannons
    Hmm, the chassis # indicates that this is a Slough 1954 car, not 1952. For me, it's a pity that it wasn't resprayed in an original colour which was probably Regal Red judging by the wheels, which are missing the trim rings. Same for the engine - surely it's not that difficult to match the original dark green.
    Still, it presents well and appears to have had a shedload of money thrown at it.
    roger

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! Middlemoon.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alphington
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Yes, Roger, I suspect that's the original colour on the underside of the bonnet?

    Tim

  5. #5
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    G'day,
    it is coming up for auction in March, in Sydney.

    Any idea of its worth?
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








  6. #6
    1000+ Posts FIVEDOOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    19,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    it is coming up for auction in March, in Sydney.

    Any idea of its worth?
    It's listed on Shannons Park and ride for $21,000, but who knows what the auction will bring
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Faulconbridge
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    My first car was a 1952 light 15 (bought in 1957) for 150 pounds,Andy.

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts gerrypro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Camperdown 3260 Australia
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    Hmm, the chassis # indicates that this is a Slough 1954 car, not 1952. For me, it's a pity that it wasn't resprayed in an original colour which was probably Regal Red judging by the wheels, which are missing the trim rings. Same for the engine - surely it's not that difficult to match the original dark green.
    Still, it presents well and appears to have had a shedload of money thrown at it.
    roger
    Trim Rims were an after market accessory and do not have to be fitted. The front bumper however is mounted too high. One should be able to see all of the crank hole in the grille. Probably the mounting arms are not correctly shaped!
    Also who actually has a definitive description of the original colours? As far as I know nobody has been able to come up with the original formulas. I remember that there was also an iridescent dark red available during 1954. But those early colours lost their iridescence very quickly!
    Last edited by gerrypro; 14th January 2015 at 08:57 AM.
    Cheers Gerry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •