• 1 Post By Dave Rogers
  • 1 Post By TimS
  • 1 Post By Don B. Cilly
  • 4 Post By TimS
  • 2 Post By badabec

Thread: Hi from Sweden!

Tadpole

Default Hi from Sweden!

I thought I should introduce myself to you guys, since Iím new to this forum. To begin with, I would like to apologise to for my horrible English. I write better in Swedish, but then, to what use to you? :-)

Living just outside of Stockholm, the capital of Abba - no, Sweden! But you guys already know this, because you are educated people.

I stumbled upon your really nice forum when trying to source parts for my factory air condition unit. And then I found Chrisí/Greenbloodís brilliant face plate set to the Retrosound Model 2 radio. I conviced (quite easily, actually) him to send me one set, so itís in the mail now - thanks again Chris!

Ok, to the CitroŽns! I instantly fell in love with the DS at the age of six when I got to ride in my parents' friendsí DS. This was in 1971. Since then I have had AX, BX, CX, XM, C3 Pluriel, 2CV, Mťhari and currently own a 1972 DSpťcial and a 1965 Ami 6 Weekend (under restoration). Hopefully I can enclose a picture of the DSpťcial in this post. If so, the picture shows the inlet to the Old town of Stockholm in the background. Just out of sight to the right is the Royal Castle.

Hi from Sweden!-paddan_i_stockholm.jpg

Advertisement

Up till two years, I was also the chairman of the Stockholm section of the Swedish CitroŽn Club for eight years. Now I have risen in importance since Iím in the treasurer. :-)

So thatís it. I hope that I can contribute to this forum in any way in the future. If you are lost in your renovation in the engine compartment of your DS and need a helping picture, I might help since I took just about a million pictures when I renovated my car.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my name is Tim. :-)

Welcome to Aussiefrogs , Tim! Nice Wheels!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    I thought I should introduce myself to you guys, since I’m new to this forum. To begin with, I would like to apologise to for my horrible English. I write better in Swedish, but then, to what use to you? :-)

Living just outside of Stockholm, the capital of Abba - no, Sweden! But you guys already know this, because you are educated people.

Hi Tim,
    Welcome to Australia, you would no doubt know that we (Australia) discovered ABBA well our very own Molly Meldrum likes to think so
    How Australia made ABBA Ľ Television.AU

Your English is superb!!

With regard to the installation of 'Citroen Factory Airconditioning' you really must make contact with Othello in Switzerland, He is currently installing this system in a DS 23IE Pallas and shows some excellent pictures, the parts you seek are clearly shown broken down, cleaned and reassembled here. . . the guy is a fanatic with detail
    DS 23 IE BVH PALLAS 1973 RESTAURATION 07. | Citrothello

It's good to see a D Special in such beautiful surroundings and obviously so well cared for, I'd love to see more pics of your car. Inspiration for me to get on with my own project

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Oh god, another Citroen nutjob.

Welcome to the assylum! You've found your home.

Just don't send us any more nuttery. ABBA, Volvos and my wife are about as much as we can handle.
    Why can't we get some decent people here with nice little Morris Marinas?

PS. Take care around those waters, I hear they are treacherous to negotiate even for more water-oriented contraptions than a DS. I think there is a museum that bears testimony to that not far from that point.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 13th January 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

JBN

Welcome to our nightmare, Tim.

This is the self help forum for people that made the wrong choice of car but are too stubborn to admit it.

John

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Welcome to our nightmare, Tim.

This is the self help forum for people that made the wrong choice of car but are too stubborn to admit it.

John
    John,
    For that comment, you have just become the first recipient of the 'Aussiefrogs .6mm Magnetic Blue Triangle' in 2015!!

Wash your mouth out with LHM

Cheers
    Chris
    Kenfuego, shanadoo and addo like this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Welcome to Aussiefrogs!

Welcome. Beautiful car, beautiful photo, and we always welcome sharing of information.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Hi Tim,

Welcome to

I spent a month driving around Denmark, Norway and Sweden from Hamburg a year ago.

Unfortunately Stockholm was very, very wet, but Gothenburg was nice
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon6

G'day Tim,
    We all hope you can understand the Aussie style of humour.
    One of my daughters spent a year at Gotland University, studying archeology, and digging up Vikings, apparently. She loved the place.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day Tim,
    We all hope you can understand the Aussie style of humour.
    One of my daughters spent a year at Gotland University, studying archeology, and digging up Vikings, apparently. She loved the place.
    So that's who unearthed another nut fit for the citroen cave of fame.

Well, I hope you're happy now.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Všlkommen till AF... beautiful car... we speak Citrish here... you ll do alright.

dino

mnm

Všlkommen till Aussiefrogs. Din engelska šr utmšrkt och du DSpecial superb.

Matthew

Welcome Tim, Chris is certainly a top bloke, especially when it comes to sharing his Citroen Retrosound bezels. Here's one that he supplied to me. Hi from Sweden!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1421151086.716771.jpg. It's now back in the dashboard and in the car. Sounds fantastic even without an amp.
    Dave
    GreenBlood likes this.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

... and need a helping picture, I might help since I took just about a million pictures when I renovated my car.
    A million pictures are worth more than a four-letter word (or something). Post them all

No, seriously, lovely car.
    We're just talking about those bordeaux-ish colours in another forum...
    It wouldn't be Rouge Massena (AC 423) would it?
    Because Massena happens to be an Australian wine :∑)

Are the classic Citroen in Sweden mostly Right hand drive or Lefty? I understand in
    September 3 1967 your country had changed side so any car sold till that date would be right hand drive car correct?

1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Tadpole

Chris, Molly Meldrum and Abba, you say... Well, if it is true, then we, the Swedish people, would like to extend a sincere and warm Thank you! to the Australian people in general and Molly in particular.

I’ve written to Mr Citrothello to inquire if he has anything he could part with. Fingers crossed!

schlitzaugen (oh, what a gruesome nick), ugh, Morris Marina. Not even Mrs Marina could love such a child, could she? (Off the record, I really like the Marina, but don’t say this to anyone, ok?) Ah, the Vasa museum. I am not so sure that we should be proud of the piece de resistance of this museum. It is the then largest war ship built in Sweden, finished in 1628. It sailed only a mile and then sank and recovered in 1961. A faulty, unstable construction hurried to be finished by our king Gustav II Adolf. This is a perfect example of what happens when managers interfer in important work.

About humor, it is difficult to generalise about a nation’s humor. But we tend to enjoy dry and dark. So I guess I’ll be alright here. And the island of Gotland is truly a wonderful place to visit, I agree!

mnm, tack!

Don, the paint is AC423 Rouge Massena, very well spoted! I like the wine reference (Australian wines are popular in Sweden). I remember reading somewhere that the name Massena in the CitroŽn colour range was taken from a general in the French army.

In the Swedish CitroŽn club we have a slogan, reading: “It is better to have a car that fails sometimes, than to have one that is constantly ugly”.

/The nut job from Sweden
    GreenBlood likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hi Tim

Welcome to this forum. As a family (and the forum is like a family, take that whichever way you like!!) we have had an enjoyable connection with Sweden. My wife was made an honorary member of the Swedish team as she catered for their culinary needs during their recent 2014 International Football (Australian Rules Football of course) competition in Melbourne.

Through our son, we have made many Swedish friends and enjoy visiting your country, but have yet to experience the Citroen experience and I look forward to hearing more of your restoration and use of your cars.

Regards

Ken

I remember reading somewhere that the name Massena in the CitroŽn colour range was taken from a general in the French army.
    Well, you don't have to tell that to the girls...
    Look, Astrid, the car's colour is named after a red wine, I just happen to have a bottle in the armrest...

forumnoreason likes this.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Are the classic Citroen in Sweden mostly Right hand drive or Lefty? I understand in
    September 3 1967 your country had changed side so any car sold till that date would be right hand drive car correct?

They are always LHD although we drove on the left hand side of the road. I know, it's silly but sometimes we are not very rational. Actually, the decision to switch to driving on the right hand side of the road was made by the government after two failed referendums of trying to let the people decide.

People in general though that this switch would lead to a significant increase in incidents and fatal accidents. What actually happened was that the number of accidents was significantly reduced, leading to the idea that we should switch every ten years to keep traffic related injuries at a minimum.
    Peter O, FIVEDOOR, addo and 1 others like this.

They are always LHD although we drove on the left hand side of the road. I know, it's silly but sometimes we are not very rational. Actually, the decision to switch to driving on the right hand side of the road was made by the government after two failed referendums of trying to let the people decide.

In Ireland (sorry) on April 1st, trucks and lorry will drive on the right, if it is a success, car will change the following month.
    Trading Estate and TimS like this.

Thread Information