Xsara seat replacement????
  • Register
  • Help

Default Xsara seat replacement????

Hi, anyone know what other seats will easily replace the front ones on a 1999 Xsara sedan? Also appreciate any advice about removing the seats?

Advertisement

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Hi, anyone know what other seats will easily replace the front ones on a 1999 Xsara sedan? Also appreciate any advice about removing the seats?

Thanks
    Hi Buzz, the easiest seats to use would be a pair from another Xsara. Check out the local car wreckers, you can get a real bargain there.
    It's really a matter of choice. If you can retain the old seat mechanicals, the runners etc and mount some other seats to them, that would give you a wider choice of seat. If you can actually mount a seat from some other car onto the existing seat runners you make it so much easier on yourself.
    I had a full set of CX seats in a holden for years, front and back, chocolate brown velour , far superior to the Holden HJ seats, and lighter too, so saved petrol. I took them out when I sold the car and sold them seperately, pre computer, through the trading post paper, for the same money I paid for them.
    I would have thought the Xsara seats would be quite comfortable, so no need to swap them out.

cheers...
    Last edited by George 1/8th; 17th December 2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: to add something.

Cheers George, yes, the Xsara seats are comfy but worn out and keep on rolling forward. I hear there's problems with the Xsara coupe seats too. Thought it might be easier to find seats out of another make of car?

Fellow Frogger

Better to find another Xsara seat from the same model. If you change them, you may have to alter the seatbelt arrangement, which I am fairly sure includes pre-tensioners mounted to the seats. The coupe seats tend to have problems with the release mechanism for the backrest or fatigue failures. They can often be welded. There should be a few Xsaras in yards around Sydney.

Where in Sydney are you located? A friend in the Bankstown area may still have a set of grey seats from a Xsara 2 he stripped. The plan had been to use parts from the Xsara 2 for a 2.0 litre 5 speed Xsara 1 he was planning to respray. That's possibly stalled, so he may want to dispose of various parts or the whole lot.

Thread Information