C2 aircon.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C2 aircon.

1000+ Posts

Icon5 C2 aircon.

The aircon,which was working perfectly switched itself of and will not operate;no fan either. Suggestions much appreciated,Andy.

Advertisement

If the fan will not work, the AC will not work, so it's possible your fan or fan switch is faulty.

The fan does not look easy to attack! It is mounted sideways up at the back of the dash, under the screen. I think the C3 has the same fan assembly (6441.Q6).
    Last edited by addo; 17th December 2014 at 10:10 AM.

1000+ Posts

Thanks Addo,tried to replace controller,no result.Where is the switch located?Andy.

You replaced the control panel?

Had same problem mid year with my C2.
    Fixed by replacing the heater fan resistor.
    Part costs around $140 from local dealer / part suppliers. Paid $40 for one from UK part supplier.
    located in the driver side footwell. I had it replaced during a service.
    Can find pictures, part number and how to instructions in the forums at C2Club.co.uk - Citroen C2 Owners Club - C2Club Home

Good luck.
    Anthony O'Brien
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Fellow Frogger

It will depend on the car. Some have proper climate control, while others had a lesser system. Generally, later cars had a lower specification to reduce cost. The climate control cars would have the C5 type module, while others would have the wire resistor type package. From memory, there is a soldered joint on the latter type that you could probably just solder back together.

1000+ Posts

It's a 2004 c2 vtr;replaced the module you mentioned without a result, just a plug in,no soldering required.Andy.

Well I presume you have already looked at fuses. Car is ten years old and quite possibly has worn out its fan brushes. Did it become a little unrelaible to start with or did it die suddenly? Sounds like you will have to get into it with a multimeter to see what the voltages are at the various points you can access like the speed control unit to see where the open circuit really is.

Another area to investigate with the aircon is that it will stop working if the gas pressure in the aircon circuit falls below a certain point. This then stops the compressor from engaging and you will need to get it regassed, leak investigated etc.

Have a great Christmas (upside down under the dash)

CHeers,

Ken W

I'm not sure how clear this document will be.

Basically, under the bonnet check large fuses 4, 5, 7 and on the main panel there, 1, 4, 8, 18 and in the glovebox fuses 6, 14, 15.

If the panel has no display it's getting no power, if it has a display but no fan, you can see with a quick test drive if the incoming air can be set to fresh or recirc (to test whether the panel is doing anything), to make this clearer play with the temperature setting - set to fresh air and hot, drive, then set to cold, drive some more, then set to recirc and drive a bit. If it changes the basic control panel is OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C2 aircon.-aircon_1.jpg  
    Last edited by addo; 18th December 2014 at 11:51 AM.

1000+ Posts

Thank you all;i now have several things I can check;the aircon was working perfectly until sudden stop;when initially turned on you can see compressor engage for a short time then disengage,there are no lights on in control panel and no air coming through;oh well,back under the dash as it's the SWMBO's car and when the rain finally stops etc etc,Andy.

No power to the control panel makes it easier, check those under bonnet fuses first.

1000+ Posts

Checked all fuses,disconnected central control panel;tried another one ,no result BUT with control panel disconnected when on the move I can feel cold air through the outlets,LOST,Andy.

Sounds like a problem with the fan motor then. You will have to take it out to check. Hopefully you can google how someone else has accessed the fan motor.

At the moment in QLD, aircon and a working interior fan is almost the most important bit of the car. I have spare Xantia fan brushes on standby and thank goodness the motor is so easy to get out in this model.

Cheers,

Ken

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BallinaOB View Post
    Part costs around $140 from local dealer / part suppliers. Paid $40 for one from UK part supplier.
    Can find pictures, part number and how to instructions in the forums at C2Club.co.uk - Citroen C2 Owners Club - C2Club

Good luck.
    Thanks,that was the problem,Andy.

I have had my C3 resistor replaced ex UK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BallinaOB View Post
    Can find pictures, part number and how to instructions in the forums at C2Club.co.uk - Citroen C2 Owners Club - C2Club Home

Good luck.

Thread Information