Current version of Lexia Software.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By speaksgeek

Thread: Current version of Lexia Software.

Icon5 Current version of Lexia Software.

Hi Froggers,

I bought my Lexia back in 2008/9 with the current version of the software at that time. This is good enough to do my BXs, Xantias and the C5X7 but is getting a bit dated now. Also my son Dave has just bought himself a 2011 C4 B7 Exclusive with a THP engine and 6 speed EGS box so I'm sure my current version will not cover this model.

Does anyone know what the current version is or what the best of the more recent versions is?

Advertisement

Cheers,

Ken W

At this point, why not install Diagbox? There's a couple of Poms who may be of use, possibly look up "Gibbo-Wirral" on French Car Forum.

1000+ Posts

I know of a Diagbox 6.01 online with .exe updates to 6.14. Does anyone know the address of anything more recent? (That's without having to pay someone who's just done what I propose to do).

I do wish PSA would release something more creditable than this software - preferably to open source.
    Last edited by seasink; 12th December 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

I've got diagbox updates to 7.40 and maybe slightly later. Don't know if they'll work with your interface, but they do work with my recently purchased clone.
    PM me if you'd like.
    addo likes this.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

Been at least six updates since 7.40: Latest I have is 7.49.

Send me a PM

Gibbo reckons 7.55 is accessible, if you have the final iteration of the dongle.

Fellow Frogger!

Actually, I've just read my instructions as sent by the supplier. I've got up to version 7.57. It takes a while to apply them all in order so I've only done up to 7.40 on my netbook, but I do have them all ready to go.

I think there can be issues with older firmware on some interfaces, but I don't really know the details.

Hi all,

Will the software now run on later versions of windows or do I still have to have an old beast with XP on it? I have a lappy with Win 8.1 on it plus I have about four other puters and certainly don't need or want any more.

I can pick up Diagbox 7.57 Lexia PP2000 V48, V25 Lexia3 Diagnostic Tool for $55.99 US

Quote Originally Posted by AusGrenouille View Post
    Hi all,

Will the software now run on later versions of windows or do I still have to have an old beast with XP on it? I have a lappy with Win 8.1 on it plus I have about four other puters and certainly don't need or want any more.

I can pick up Diagbox 7.57 Lexia PP2000 V48, V25 Lexia3 Diagnostic Tool for $55.99 US
    Can't speak for Windows 8, but I am running Diagbox V7.49 under Windows 7 with no issues, apart from it being a bit slow.

My interface is about 6 years old now but still works fine on cars newer than it - including the 2011 3008 and a 2013 508.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupť - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

Do these things work on mac laptops?

1000+ Posts

The code was written to run on Microsoft Windows, back when XP was current. All the copies you see mentioned here fell off someone's truck.

PSA is too anal to release the underlying information, so that it could be coded (1) better and (2) for other operating systems. There isn't any exciting patent to protect hidden here, just the dealers keeping a monopoly. When an Australian diagnostic device firm sought the magic numbers recently, they were rebuffed.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by tasie C5 View Post
    Do these things work on mac laptops?
    They do if you have bootcamp, parallels or VMware fusion running - i.e. you need to run windows on that mac.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demannu View Post
    Can't speak for Windows 8, but I am running Diagbox V7.49 under Windows 7 with no issues, apart from it being a bit slow.

My interface is about 6 years old now but still works fine on cars newer than it - including the 2011 3008 and a 2013 508.
    Hi
    I understood that it will not run on a 64 bit system, only 32bit. Whatever that is ?? So if your Win7 is 32 bit OK, but 64 bit or Win8 NO. Unless you run a "conversion " program as some have said.
    Jaahn

1000+ Posts

32bit. Whatever that is
    It is the width of the processing unit's register. That is, the maximum size allowed to fit numbers for processing. 64 bit integers are larger numbers than 32 bit integers for example. The CPU can actually process data that only fills half the register, ie 32 bits, but needs an instruction to do so.

Oldest desktop computer CPUs were 8 bits wide, then 16 bits, and by the time of Windows XP, 32 bits. Most are now 64 bit machines. That's where this obsolete old software comes unstuck. The compiler assumed only a 32 bit Windows OS, and that's all it will run on. Virtual Machines referred to are re-creations of an OS on alien hardware.

What gets my goat is that the software primarily is a couple of large tables - you read numbers from, or write numbers to, an interface - one table looks up the meaning of numbers read from the interface, and the other translates your desire to a number and writes to the interface to alter some aspect of the car. There is no reason to obfuscate this in 32 bit compiled code for a single OS at all. But it creates a monopoly to be exploited by the few whom PSA provides with the software. The crude graphic front end provided isn't exactly a pinnacle of coding.

I have a lexia that is few years old. I am running v5.xx. I thought that I could not upgrade as my firmware was too old. Have e others with older units upgraded firmware before going to higher versions?
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Damn, hadn't even considered that it might not run on a 64 bit machine, all my machines are 64 bit. If I want to run this software I'll have to hunt up and old 32 bit machine.

Thread Information