C5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body

My daughter's C5 2.2 HDi twin-turbo appears to have a problem with its throttle body. The EGR was replaced because it was jammed open with gunk and hence no boost. Car drove well for 60ks and then turned on its engine light and pollution system faulty message. Got it back to (Citroen trained) mechanic who drove it and it was fine again before reverting to lights and message. Suspects throttle body gear tooth might be missing/damaged. Citroen Australia will only supply throttle body complete with inlet manifold at big $$ !! Can't locate 2nd hand throttle body. Does anyone have suggestions or part number for throttle body to see if we can get just that part overseas? Is the throttle body the same as a regular 2.0 HDi engine? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

UFO

Others may point to it - but I think there is a small plastic pipe three way union that cracks and is easily replaced. My response may be incorrect and others will (surely) correct me.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger

Look at the air mixer down the front of this engine per this:
    C5 depollution warning light
    Could also have a vacuum issue, yes, but more likely a bad solenoid.

I have same problem for past 2 months. Car has done 125,000 km. Started out with just depollution warning. Now I get speed selection faulty. I get these messages only when I start, not during a journey. If I get depollution warning only, car goes with no limp home speed restriction. If I get speed selection fault as well, get speed restriction. Occurs on the start of approx. one third of journeys. When it occurs, I stop for twenty seconds with motor turned off. I start again and go for 3 more journeys with no problem. Getting very predictable . Vehicle is C5 2.2 litre twin turbo. Otherwise great vehicle. I don't have time at present to get it analysed. What's the go (or stop!)

I have extracted EGR valve and dower and cleaned thoroughly.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Tadpole

Default I have the same EGR fault with Speed Control Fault

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenine View Post
    I have same problem for past 2 months. Car has done 125,000 km. Started out with just depollution warning. Now I get speed selection faulty. I get these messages only when I start, not during a journey. If I get depollution warning only, car goes with no limp home speed restriction. If I get speed selection fault as well, get speed restriction. Occurs on the start of approx. one third of journeys. When it occurs, I stop for twenty seconds with motor turned off. I start again and go for 3 more journeys with no problem. Getting very predictable . Vehicle is C5 2.2 litre twin turbo. Otherwise great vehicle. I don't have time at present to get it analysed. What's the go (or stop!)

I have extracted EGR valve and dower and cleaned thoroughly.
    Good Morning,

My name is Howard and I am based in the UK. I know this is an old thread but I have heard of other cars with this problem going cheap.
    I have bought a C5 VTX plus HDI 2.2 2007 with the same faults. My Lexia said that it was a wiring fault and a EGR Throttle fault. I assumed it was a faulty EGR valve. Have now replaced the EGR valve and all the faults remain. Quite frustrating as it is a lovely car.
    C5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body-img_9085.jpgC5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body-img_9059.jpgC5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body-img_9041.jpgC5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body-img_9074.jpgC5 2.2HDi Twin-turbo throttle body-img_9060.jpg

It is probably the worn out plastic gear in the throttle body. I had a clacking sound on ignition turnoff which was caused by the gear thing to pick up the plastic "coil". The part to replace is made by a German company and which I purchased from Best PartsUK for a reasonable price. PM me if you want more details.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Tadpole

Ceenine, Thank you for your reply. I have PMed you.

Howard

Thread Information