Picasso Surging
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Picasso Surging

Tadpole

Default Picasso Surging

Hi Froggies
    Thank you for all you replies on this forum.
    We have purchased a 2007 Picasso with surging issues it seems to do it under all conditions, acceleration and cruising.
    All suggestion welcome.
    Regards Snooze

Advertisement

Icon12

Grand Picasso, I presume. What engine and mileage? How's the economy? Can you see air in the diesel line?

Tadpole

Hi Addo
    Its a Hdi 2.0L 100,000kms economy is 7-8L/100kms country roads.
    Not sure where I would see air in the diesel line under the bonnet?
    Regards Snooze

Tadpole

Hi Addo
    Not sure what the difference between a Grand Picasso and Picasso is, could you explain.
    Snooze

1000+ Posts

Ungrand Picassos aren't commonly found here. Differences (in English) are on UK site - CitroŽn Car Range | CitroŽn UK - CitroŽn United Kingdom

Fellow Frogger

Picasso is the smaller variant not sold here, although there is a blue one in Sydney. You have the so-called 'Grand' Picasso i.e. the big version seating 7.

The surging could have a few reasons. If you bought it from a dealer, get them to sort it out. If you are on your own, then maybe start with a fuel filter if it is old and check for loose or damaged vacuum hoses and air boost hoses. Take it for a drive above 70 for half an hour and that should be enough to ensure the particle filter regenerates. A dealer can force a regeneration if need be. Is it using the correct oil for an engine with a particle filter? It's important as it can eventually lead to blockage of the particle filter, although it is possible to try backwashing it with a pressure washer, just not as a DIY job at home.

There are other possibilities, such as a failing EGR valve, but try the simple and cheap things first. If you go though everything and even a dealer cannot find any problem with it and the surging could be described as gently nodding your head at speed on a very light throttle, then you might look at a plate with an 8mm hole under the EGR valve as a last resort. I doubt that will be needed with the Picasso.

Thread Information