C6 2006 or 2007 is there a difference
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ARCHRIVAL
  • 1 Post By Greg C

Thread: C6 2006 or 2007 is there a difference

Icon5 C6 2006 or 2007 is there a difference

Are there spec differences between different year C6 cars did they cure Bugs in the earlier models or are they all the same .
    Just looking at option of low k 2006 verses higher k 2007
    Input appreciated

Advertisement
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Fellow Frogger

Very little difference, so it would mainly be the change to the fold-down back seats and audio/nav units with a hard drive (RT4 vs RT3 Navidrive). Depends on the car as some would have been specially ordered with the TGV rear seats. There were some recalls to address a few issues in early examples, but they are essentially the same car up until the 3 litre.

In addition to all the normal used car checks, things to look out for include lower control arm bushes, bottom bush in the front uprights, fuel leakage from the injector return lines, leaking thermostat housing, the coolant outlet down the front of the motor and suspension piping leakage. As for any hydro-pneumatic Citroen, spheres can go flat. The radio/navigation units need to work as it's seriously expensive to buy a new unit or screen.
    Last edited by David S; 20th November 2014 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks David both the cars for sale have the rear lounge pack option ?
    2006 has only done 28k
    2007 has done 72k
    But there is a big difference in price
    It seems desicion time as the low k one is not black for a change
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Fellow Frogger

The earlier car has the rear lounge pack, but isn't 'Bleu Mauritius' as listed. There isn't enough information to be sure with the later car. While the standard specs in the database may show it has a lounge-pack, you need to be able to see the rear compartment to be sure. It would not be trivial to retrofit them to a car with normal rear seats.

If a sunroof and lounge-pack are essential items, that limits your options to early examples. There are a couple of petrol V6s out there too.

Fellow Frogger!

Maybe difference is due to the colour, black being in demand for limo duties

Are these the cars listed for sale in Qld on Carsales?

I note seller of 2007 car says that it was delivered on Oct 2008

According to Carsales free car valuations the 2006 model is valued at $28,600 - $32,400+
    2007 model if put in as a 2008 (as per delivery date) would be $35,000 - $39,000
    They are actually advertised (by private sellers who generally think their own car is special and worth more than the market is willing to pay) at 2006 - $37,500 and for the 2007 - $47,500
    Both are inflated above the Carsales valuation (though how accurate that is ???) but the 2006 seems closer to the valuation bearing in mind the low kms
    The 2007 (if valued as a 2007 and not 2008) would be worth on the Carsales valuation $32,500 - $36,400 with kms being in the range. Maybe seller of 2007 wanted to have more haggle room, certainly scope for a reduction there

Peter
    1950 11BL
    1970 AZUA "La Poste" van
    1986 2CV Dolly (red and white)
    2004 C5 HDi silver 2.0L

1000+ Posts

Surely Carsales' valuation is a guess. How many of these are sold in any year, for anyone to collect meaningful statistics?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    In addition to all the normal used car checks, things to look out for include lower control arm bushes, bottom bush in the front uprights, fuel leakage from the injector return lines, leaking thermostat housing, the coolant outlet down the front of the motor and suspension piping leakage. As for any hydro-pneumatic Citroen, spheres can go flat. The radio/navigation units need to work as it's seriously expensive to buy a new unit or screen.
    My thermostat housing is leaking is that known issue? At what age/kms do think spheres start going flat in a C5?
    06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
    95 Peugeot 306 S16
    95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased

[QUOTE=David S;1304364]The earlier car has the rear lounge pack, but isn't 'Bleu Mauritius' as listed. There isn't enough information to be sure with the later car. While the standard specs in the database may show it has a lounge-pack, you need to be able to see the rear compartment to be sure. It would not be trivial to retrofit them to a car with normal rear seats.

Thanks again David what is the colour if not blue mauritius my instructions are specific the car can not be green or white and I definitely will not have a black car in the drive even if there is death in the family
    almostfrench likes this.

Fellow Frogger

It would be Iron Grey / Gris Fer. The much darker grey is Fulminator.
    Most colours are a tame pearlescent, but silver is a metallic.
    Black / Noir Obsidien is also slight pearl/metallic. No solid colours sold here, so safe from green/white.
    Blue is unusual here. Have never seen a red one and maybe one only in Ganache, a very deep burgundy.

You might like to look at the original brochure in pdf format courtesy of our friends from Artarmon:
    http://mccarrollscitroen.com.au/down...large-file.pdf (Glossy pictures etc.)
    http://mccarrollscitroen.com.au/down...spec-sheet.pdf (Has the colours)
    Last edited by David S; 22nd November 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

The queensland C6 in Iron Grey has already been sold.
    Ask me how I know..... I tried to buy it two weeks ago, and it was supposedly sold already then....

I guess one of you guys can ring again and confirm. But that was the state of affairs 2 weeks ago.

That car had the Rear lounge seats, although didn't appear to work when I pressed the button.

If anyone re-buys it or whatever, I have in my possession the REVS certificate checks as well as Citroen main frame info of this particular car as I had searched it in my efforts to buy it.
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 21st November 2014 at 07:50 AM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You know if you buy a C6 .... there is going to be about 5000 aussiefrogs members lining your drive wanting to go for a drive in it
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I have never seen a red one, pretty sure they never bought one out here. Strange as Citroen obviously thought red looked very good as it was a red one in the demonstration video. The other unusual colour I have seen is a light sable. Looked fantastic as I merged beside it on GH drive at Mascot in the CX.
    danielsydney likes this.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

had confirmation today that the Iron Grey C6 is sold.

The later cars have a chrome surround to the door speakers that is very nice and adds to the art deco ambience.
    easy upgrade.
    the foldind rear seat looks cheap and less comfortable compared to the loungpack tho.
    Mike
    Mike Holt
    C5/C6/XM/DS21
    prev CX /Xantias

And the synchronising wiper motors were a problem in early cars. But most of these would have been replaced with later version by now.
    Mike
    Mike Holt
    C5/C6/XM/DS21
    prev CX /Xantias

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I have been for a drive in one so, make that 4999....

And I'm working on one in Perth, for a drive that is... 4998.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You know if you buy a C6 .... there is going to be about 5000 aussiefrogs members lining your drive wanting to go for a drive in it

And each one of them will be welcome !

Thread Information