DS Motor details
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default DS Motor details

Having dismantled and overhauled numerous DS motors over the years (Too many to count) I have noticed that the first parts to wear are the cam followers and camshaft, closely followed by the rockers.I am in such a situation at present, with aprox .025 mm wear on the bores, plus zero? on the crank. I need at least 2 new cam followers,I will check the cam shaft to day.To reduce strain on the valve gear I am tempted to discard I valve spring.I will gladly restrain myself from exceeding 4000 rpm. Comments cordially invited.
    Woody

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

I'm a little curious to know if CX 2200/2400 bits would be your answer for the lifters and springs, if not the cam. They're supposedly the same basic motor.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

CX motors could well be in an even worse situation. I know it is expensive but the cam followers are available new.
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    I'm a little curious to know if CX 2200/2400 bits would be your answer for the lifters and springs, if not the cam. They're supposedly the same basic motor.
    Thanks for the comments,I,m not short of spare parts,I,m interested in longevity and Quiet operation.
    Woody

Thread Information