DS Hearse
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DS Hearse

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS Hearse

Classic and Vintage Funeral Coaches - Services

Just checking out a few D variations and this appeared...I suspect it may have been at some car days in Sydney.

Does anyone one know of any families who have requested a Citroen hearse? Without being too specific of course.

Advertisement

We we organised on last week and the company we used had a beautiful LTD which despite being old was quite stunning.

I have seen a Mercedes 250 mourning car and hearse around Sydney as well, early 70's models which are stunning.

The he one I can't quite get my head around is the Kia Caranival which I think may have been used at the Neville Wran service. I guess they are all just basic cars that have been in the hands of coach builders.

Are re there any other Cotroen models that have been used for this? I guess CX wagons have been used.

Chris M

theres a sideline for anyone with a safari! why does this car smell of disinfectant dear? Why did you paint it black? I know you like the Rolling Stones but where are the back seats?
    They could at least weld the back doors up...

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

That's morts car isn't it ? I would have thought a standard DS wagon would be too short!
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Ha!
    The one in the ad is a right hooker.
    We never had such a thing is the states.
    When I die? We will have one.

Doing the Daffy Duck dance with the AussieFrogs app and a cane.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    theres a sideline for anyone with a safari! why does this car smell of disinfectant dear? Why did you paint it black? I know you like the Rolling Stones but where are the back seats?
    They could at least weld the back doors up...
    Naw, actually you don't want to do the rear doors up. Helps when you're using the car as part of the cortege, such as a flower car. When I built hearses at Classic Limousine, the style we normally sold was a limo hearse, where the passenger compartment was completely stock front and rear, but the deck area had been lengthened out to 7 feet (rear divider to rear lid) to carry a full-sized coffin. We sold the hell out of those to the Taiwanese market.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    That's morts car isn't it ? I would have thought a standard DS wagon would be too short!
    Looks like it. I always thought that was a pretty nice example of a professional car.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

There are some other great pics on Google images of a stunning c5 hearse current model, and a CX.

Definitely a a bit morbid to chat about but incredible machines.

Just ts looking at W D Hadley - Custom Built Hearses site and they have late Bentley sedan on it. WOW!! Even the Holdens look incredible, though the Fords are a bit bland. Chrysler definitely a While Lady order, Kia is baffling.

Chris

On the Raid Arctique a few months back we were met by Citroen enthusiast at a number of towns along the way. Imagine my surprise when turning into the parking area at Cologne to find a CX hearse. I'd read of them and seen copies of the brochures advertising them but never expected to actually see one. It was owned by a lady and as hearses tend to be was in very good condition. The only modification I spotted was a bulge on the tailgate where a few extra inches had been cribbed.

I'll check for the images I took and post later!DS Hearse-dsc3423.jpgDS Hearse-dsc3424.jpgDS Hearse-dsc3433.jpg
    Last edited by rmac; 14th October 2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add images
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

i'd rather something more Addams Family when I move on.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

If you've got to go, why not go will the full trimmings.......DS Hearse-8031264659_68d1903eb7.jpg
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

UFO

That post about on the linked page does show Mort's car. I nearly bought that car years ago when I heard about it but Mort beat me to it. I don't recall it being so black at the time of sale though....

However I know that it has been used, at special request, for at least two funerals while in Mort's care.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

We have another nutty Chis in the family. Bad hearing reference to him as it could be me...

but it with my surname being Mortimer..this is bizarre!!! The abbreviation or Aussie classic name shortening becomes Mort, or Morts...so, just confirming, it ain't my baby!!

That CX hearse is beautiful and the length is amazingly suited to operations of this kind. They would have a massive loading capacity.

I Am wondering if there are any in current operation..Citroens.

I was looking through the book Citroen 2cv John Reynolds 3rd edition, and there are a couple of pictures of a Acadiane or Camoinette ambulance. Clearly a much shorter car and it puzzles me how a body would go in lying down. I can't find any 2cv variants used for funeral purposes on the net.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post
    I was looking through the book Citroen 2cv John Reynolds 3rd edition, and there are a couple of pictures of a Acadiane or Camoinette ambulance. Clearly a much shorter car and it puzzles me how a body would go in lying down. I can't find any 2cv variants used for funeral purposes on the net.

Chris
    Does this count?

DS Hearse-2cv-1.jpgDS Hearse-2cv-2.jpg
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

thats a bit more Chas Addams!

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    i'd rather something more Addams Family when I move on.
    Steven-

Does this suit?

DS Hearse-boot-hill1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    On the Raid Arctique a few months back we were met by Citroen enthusiast at a number of towns along the way. Imagine my surprise when turning into the parking area at Cologne to find a CX hearse. I'd read of them and seen copies of the brochures advertising them but never expected to actually see one. It was owned by a lady and as hearses tend to be was in very good condition. The only modification I spotted was a bulge on the tailgate where a few extra inches had been cribbed.

I'll check for the images I took and post later!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC3423.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	61818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC3424.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	61819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC3433.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	61820
    Speaking of CX hearses, I just spotted this. Looks like a cool little addition for a minis collection.

Fellow Frogger!

Fivedoor..love it!!!

from the looney bit straight to the pit..

to to be lying in the back, you would need to possess a ZZ Top beard, tats here there and everywhere, had a smokers cough, tummy protruding out over your jeans, had a house with 4-5 wrecks on the front lawn, front teeth missing....and your legs dangling out the rear of a rat Camoinette!! What a way to go.Chris

i want to know what the motor is ...

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    i want to know what the motor is ...
    IIRC it's an Alfasud flat 4.

Well? At the expense of humor I have to admit that, for me at least, these service cars put the fun in funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    IIRC it's an Alfasud flat 4.
    yes - didn't think you could make a gs look like that and with what looks like a radiator as well that pretty much left Subaru ...

Thread Information