POR 15 vs LHS(RR363)
  • Help

Default POR 15 vs LHS(RR363)

Is POR 15 resistance to LHS(RR363) cuz Richo`s beautifully reconditioned acc sphere paint is badly damaged because leaks from top hose!

Advertisement
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Is POR 15 resistance to LHS(RR363) cuz Richo`s beautifully reconditioned acc sphere paint is badly damaged because leaks from top hose!
    I think I posted on this subject (quite) some time ago. I prepared a sample steel plate in accordance with the POR instructions, coated it with POR15, and when cured submerged it in brake fluid for a while. The paint film remained unaffected but had completely separated from the plate. Conclusion was that POR15 was good where contact with brake fluid was infrequent and removable, but constant contact would lift the coating.
    roger

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    I think I posted on this subject (quite) some time ago. I prepared a sample steel plate in accordance with the POR instructions, coated it with POR15, and when cured submerged it in brake fluid for a while. The paint film remained unaffected but had completely separated from the plate. Conclusion was that POR15 was good where contact with brake fluid was infrequent and removable, but constant contact would lift the coating.
    roger
    oHH tHANKS
    I guess there is no coating for it.
    No problem.
    Thank you
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Typical results - the best stuff I have found is sold by Hersch Auto in the US - but even it will do the same thing as POR coated metal - just takes longer. For those of us who have owned LHS cars when new, the factory admonished one in the manuals that any LHS spill be wipe up with a wet cloth post haste..................glycol based fluids are still one of the most effective paint removers kown.

Thread Information