c5 seat airbags
  • Help

Thread: c5 seat airbags

Default c5 seat airbags

Hi all, run into a problem when swaping the powered leather seats from a 2005 c5 wreck into my 2001 c5sx with velour manual seats, got the power circuit working but the airbag wiring is different, at first i thought it would only be a matter of swaping the plugs but the 2001 seat has only three wires going to the airbag (orange & green twisted + ! cream) while the 2005 seat has four(orange & green twisted + 2 cream).my understanding of airbag wiring is they have 2 trigger wires(orange & green twisted) & 2 sensor wires to monitor & operate the airbag warning light so how does the 2001 seat operate on 1 sensor wire? you wouldn't think they used the body as a return because all the moving parts of the seat may not give consistent circuit.i'm a bit hesitant to start poking arround with a multimeter in case the airbag goes off,does anyone have access to the airbag wiring diagrams
    thanks
    Brian

Advertisement
    2008 ford Mondeo 2ltr turbo diesel + 6 speed alsin g/box
    1979 cx c-matic
    1977 cx 5 speed
    2000 peugeot 306 convertable
    1978 peugeot 604 sl
    2005 c5 (wrecking)
    2003 c5 auto (wrecking)
    2001 c5 5 speed
    1960 Renault floride under restoration

Fellow Frogger!

Hey "ol buddy be damn careful mucking around with airbags. Very hazardous. Mobile mechanic mate lost a finger playing around with airbagged seats. It was severed by one of the cables and blown into the middle of the road when the bag went off. The hospital kept him waiting 10 hrs before getting him onto the table, that was too long without blood to save it. Another government medicare dollar saved. Be carefull.

Well those twisted wires are part of the multiplex system, someone else may be able to help with the others. Cheers.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 11th October 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Thread Information