CX door cards....in France
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default CX door cards....in France

Panneaux portes citroen cx Equipement Auto Haute-Vienne - leboncoin.fr

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

How do you get a search done? I type in an object, select "all France", and all I get is a map with the different regions, and no other search function. I know I'm not that thick- well, mentally, anyway.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

toute!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Corrrrrect!

Toute...... ie : All,

meaning: all of France. Try it Hotrod and see how you go.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

I give up. No matter whether I narrow it to a specific region or insert very specific search terms, it always goes back to the home page. Selecting 'all France' has the same result.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

very early ones too
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Bill, maybe try a non-US proxy? Or is it Google Chrome stuffing things up again?

I start by selecting a region (Centre works for me) - this leads you to the search page. Put in your search term, then select a category (I am usually looking in "Equipment Auto") then select "Tout la France" and click Chercher.

your next problem will be getting a response! I tried bad google translate French in my correspndence to numerous vendours for some tricky Renault R4 bits and no one replied, an English guy living in France pointed out they generally don't want to know about us foreigners and he did the communication and purchases on my behalf.
    There's a likely probability that requests will be go spammy too.
    bon chance!

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Bill, maybe try a non-US proxy? Or is it Google Chrome stuffing things up again?

I start by selecting a region (Centre works for me) - this leads you to the search page. Put in your search term, then select a category (I am usually looking in "Equipment Auto") then select "Tout la France" and click Chercher.
    Both are possibilities. I also believe my computer is thinking of going walkabout on me (it's at least 10 years old and has had some pretty heavy use). Google Chrome isn't as stable as I think it should be, either, but it is better than Internet Exploder.

I'll have to play with it a bit and see. I was in a rush this morning, trying to get a 2CV harness made for a customer who has been, frankly, too patient with me.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Hotrodelectric
    if you get to the Lebencoin page showing all the French departments it's very difficult to go or search anywhere from that page. I use Chrome no problem, but tend to use French rather than English and use and click on "Chercher"

agree with others in this thread that seemingly with a very low PayPal penetration in France, the low value of many items, it all adds up to difficulty. I do business in my working life with one customer in China who has no real English and I have no real Chinese but we are able to negotiate $100k deals using Google Translate.

have some work colleagues in France. Often wonder if getting one to get PayPal and offer a. Lebencoin buying service might be the way to go.

I think a Yahoo France email address might be a good start, too.

The site is a little curious. I think they want your location first. So opening page puts up a bland map of France and asks you to select a region. You click on a region and it takes you to the search engine. You nominate the item (in French) and select all of France and if it finds something it goes to the listing. For me in France, that works in Chrome, Firefox and IE.
    After that the real problem starts. That is that the French sites are plagued with scams from overseas. They are fairly easily recognised because the scammers are generally not native French speakers and the text is full of errors. So when you respond to an ad. using Google or other machine translators the vendor treats it as a scam and ignores it. I have also found a fear that Australia is a long way away and just too hard.
    I have helped several people in Aus and NZ but only get the same outcome as if I was buying for myself, if I pay and have the goods delivered to me. There is still a reluctance to have them posted to the Antipodes and worse, to accept payment from a source working in another currency. Private vendors don't seem to like using PayPal to receive money even though they may pay that way.
    There might be a modest business opportunity here for someone based in France but I doubt it because if the goods are not what the end purchaser expects it is difficult to argue and reverse the transaction.
    We are leaving France as soon as our house is sold, so what I am going to do, because I am well known to the serious suppliers, is to continue as before retaining a French bank account. When I find something I need from a private vendor, I will deal in French and if the vendor is worried, have French friends here familiar with Panhard do the purchase and send the parts on to me.
    My advice is that if something on "le bon coin" is a must have, then email in French written by a native speaker and play down the Australian delivery. Yes, open an email account from a .com or .fr domaine and don't use .au. If it comes to a phone conversation you may be lucky and find a vendor happy to try their English or your perhaps limited French, once you have established credibility. Emphasise membership of Marque Clubs.
    Paying remains a problem. We are all wary here of Western Union and foreign bank drafts. You will get greatest credibility if you can pay by direct transfer (virement) using an IBAN number on a bank known in France or by a personal or bank cheque on a Euro account in France. I bank with HSBC and they make it easy because they facilitate transfer between accounts in a common name across countries and currencies. The vendor may be wary of giving you a RIB (the local way of sharing his account details for transfer) for obvious reasons. In that case, you will have to make PayPal work, send a cheque on a euro account in France or for very small amounts send Euros notes by mail.
    The mind set these days in France is to divide the world into three regions - France - Europe and then the rest of the world. A French transaction is trusted, a European one in Euros tolerated (forget pounds sterling) and the ROW treated as an undifferentiated source of Nigerian style scammers.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Thread Information