Eolys Question
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Eolys Question

Fellow Frogger!

Default Eolys Question

Hi, I just got the " particle filter additive too low" warning on my C5. How quickly do I need to attend to it? I'm about to go interstate and not keen to damage the DPF.

Also are there any updates on obtaining refills in Australia. Of course eBay, and I noticed someone supplying in Dandenong.

Thanks,
    Leith

Via the aussiefrogs App

Advertisement
    06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
    95 Peugeot 306 S16
    95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased

1000+ Posts

I think you'll find cerium products are classified as dangerous goods for postal and air transport purposes. That could prevent quick delivery from abroad (ebay etc).

More interesting is the ditching of EOLYS (wasn't that originally a single by The Damned?) for AdBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    More interesting is the ditching of EOLYS (wasn't that originally a single by The Damned?) for AdBlue.
    Yup. . .

My Eolys
    I'd love to please her
    I'd like to care
    But she's not there

Just won't be the same substituting AdBlue

Cheers
    Chris

AdBlue sounds like a toilet cleaner.

Le moteur DW10F est associé à la ligne d’échappement BLUE HDi qui respecte la future norme Euro6. Celle-ci est constituée
    d’un catalyseur d’oxydation (DOC), d’un filtre à particules additivé (FAP) et du nouveau dispositif de réduction des oxydes
    d’azote (NOx) composé d’un catalyseur SCR (Réduction Catalytique Sélective) et d’un système d’injection d’urée.

Eolys Question-depollution.jpg

Oui, il ya aussi une vidéo sur ce processus en les nouveaux modèles. Le point majeur de ce changement, est il fait un "orphan" des systèmes d'EOLYS...

Addo, c'était la légende de l'illustration

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    AdBlue sounds like a toilet cleaner.
    You just had to go there..... ()

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks, for the epic reply addo, but no-one answered my question!

Do I need to top up immediately, or can I wait a couple of tankful?
    Last edited by leithant; 18th September 2014 at 09:45 PM.
    95 Peugeot 306 S16

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by leithant View Post
    Thanks, for the epic reply dado, but no-one answered my question!

Do I need to top up immediately, or can I wait a couple of tankful?
    Can't help with your question buuut, I do confess to botching the merging of posts to this thread - sorry guys

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Can't help with Eolys fluid, but if anyone needs cheap AdBlue in Melbourne, happy to supply. I've got 800L of the stuff for my trucks. Less than 1/2 the price of buying it at the servo.

1000+ Posts

Monsieur Sang-vert, to the bottom of the class, s'il vous plaît.

"Sang-vert" sounds like a Korean decap.

I have a 2006 2.2HDI Wagon which has done 130K.
    I had been expecting the eolys warning due to the milage and got a generic antipollution warning about 5k ago so went and bought the Infinuim Kit from the local Citroen dealer. Cost $290. Only took about 15 minutes to change and noted there was only about 8mm left in the bottom of the tank.

I then took the car to the dealer to reset the computer but turned out it was a broken vacuum fitting led to the fault.

I cant, therefore, specifically answer your question but thought the above info might help. It's easy to remove the cover to check the tank (it's white translucent). I suggest you take it off and check. You could just leave it off for your trip if there is still sufficient in the tank and refill when you get back.

BTW I still have the fill hose with fitting that came with the kit if you end up buying another type of additive and need the fitting.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 456eec View Post
    I had been expecting the eolys warning due to the milage and got a generic antipollution warning about 5k ago so went and bought the Infinuim Kit from the local Citroen dealer. Cost $290. Only took about 15 minutes to change and noted there was only about 8mm left in the bottom of the tank.

I then took the car to the dealer to reset the computer but turned out it was a broken vacuum fitting led to the fault.

I cant, therefore, specifically answer your question but thought the above info might help. It's easy to remove the cover to check the tank (it's white translucent). I suggest you take it off and check. You could just leave it off for your trip if there is still sufficient in the tank and refill when you get back.

BTW I still have the fill hose with fitting that came with the kit if you end up buying another type of additive and need the fitting.
    Thanks 456, I wasn't aware you could get a kit from an Aussie dealer for a much more reasonable cost than the usual price if you get them to do it.

I actually haven't found out where to check the fluid yet. Where do you look?
    95 Peugeot 306 S16

Sorry for the delay. Havent been looking lately.

LHS just in front of the back wheel and to the right of the fuel tank. Small tank that has it's own protective cover.
    Pry out the fixaters and take the cover off and you can then see the tank.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that. I found a video (in French) showing what's needed. Anyone know if the fluid is cheaper from Citroen or Peugeot? Might ring them both.
    95 Peugeot 306 S16

They would come from the same supplier so should be the same price at both but it may be an interesting comparison.
    The kit comes with 3.5l fluid, the hose with fitting for the bottle and also the car, a short length of clear hose, an empty 1 litre bottle and an orange bag like you buy onions in. The last 3 things are to set up to catch any overflowing fluid but mine didnt overflow as the tank holds about 4.5 litres I think. I also watched that French video which shows you everything you need to know.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 456eec View Post

Dear 456eec,

May I know which dealer you bought the fluid for $290? I have a 2.0HDI Picasso which now has the fluid level low warning coming up.
    Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger

The C4 Picasso uses a bag rather than a tank. It's not meant to be topped up using the refill kit designed for the rigid tank used in the C5/C6. There is also a difference in the fluid you would obtain now, so the fluid for the tank topup is probably not compatible with the fluid already in the car.

I don't even know if my car uses an additive like this....
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information