DS Interior Door Handle
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DS Interior Door Handle

Default DS Interior Door Handle

Greetings

I have read the posts related to removing the interior door handle, and nowhere does it suggest that the window has to be removed. However my hand just will not reach the rubber grommet that holds the rod when the handle is turned through 90 degrees. I also expect replacing the old handle securing nut could be 'trying'. Is it advisable to remove the window or is there a way to lower the window an inch or two so I can get my hand in?

Guess I could always get my wife with her small hands to help, but I think it might be less frustrating removing the window

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards
    Errol

Advertisement

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Errol_S View Post
    Greetings

I have read the posts related to removing the interior door handle, and nowhere does it suggest that the window has to be removed. However my hand just will not reach the rubber grommet that holds the rod when the handle is turned through 90 degrees. I also expect replacing the old handle securing nut could be 'trying'. Is it advisable to remove the window or is there a way to lower the window an inch or two so I can get my hand in?

Guess I could always get my wife with her small hands to help, but I think it might be less frustrating removing the window

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards
    Errol
    Hi Errol,

Two suggestions to try, before removing the glass

Wind the window fully closed, release the grub screw that connects the actuating rod to the external handle, this should allow the rod to be withdrawn sufficiently to release the internal handle.

As above without releasing the grub screw, see if you can get the rod to unclip from the centre clip on the inside of the inner door top. This too should allow the rod enough movement to get at the inner handle.

Edit: You'll be lucky not to break the securing rubber, just cut new from something like tyre inner tube.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post

Edit: You'll be lucky not to break the securing rubber, just cut new from something like tyre inner tube.

Cheers
    Chris
    Easy to say, but you've got to catch the cyclist first - and they fight back!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thanks Chris for the suggestion, however I decided that the short way in the beginning is inevitably the long way in the end. So I followed your restoration project pictures and instructions and the window came out without a hassle. Access to the rod etc. was now simple. Thank you for posting such detailed instructions.

Best regards
    Errol

Thread Information