• Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whoaa GS

Default Whoaa GS

Whoaa, when I first looked at this ad thought someone was selling my car:

1972 Citroen GS

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whoaa GS-carsales-12.9.14.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 13th September 2014 at 07:45 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Whoaa, when I first looked at this ad thought someone was selling my car:

1972 Citroen GS

And......?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

A Very nice looking 1015 Wagon. But not enough photo detail. I hope it is not a scam!
    Cheers Gerry

I know of the car, but have never seen it.
    I can't remember when or where, but it had been advertised some time in the recent past. I know of it as the owner at that point was someone who had contacted a number of local club members, including me, a few years earlier seeking a good GS wagon that he was prepared to spend money on to make even better. If I recall correctly, the names of some well known Queensland enthusiasts are involved in some of the car's history, but you won't find any of them on aussiefrogs.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

1000+ Posts

Looks a lot like the car halfbrick and i checked out at broadbeach in feb ,halfbrick contacted a well known mechanic in bris who had done a lot of work on it and the report was quite good ,the car had some small issues ,and at the time neither of us had time or space for it ,presuming its the same car it should be quite good,presuming the work has been bone ,at the time it was advertised on carsales for $600 ,by the time they put rego ,tyres and repairs on it ,the price seems reasonable ,i used to own one of these but in no cit expert ,pugs

"This Citroen GS Wagon has a powerful 1.0 litre engine."

Carsales has a wizard to automatically create the text in advertising for lazy vendors. It always sounds like the very worst kind of sales-speak.

EG "It represents great value at $4,500"

Sadly if it is a genuine seller they clearly are not very keen to sell.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Many years ago there was a beige wagon down here in Hobart which had been repainted, re-trimmed and engine rebuilt. From memory it went up to QLD 7 or 8 years back.

Pictures of the interior would give a good idea of whether or not it is indeed this car.

If it is the same one, it would have had substantially more money spend than the asking price.

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

1000+ Posts

Default Powerfull

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    many years ago there was a beige wagon down here in hobart which had been repainted, re-trimmed and engine rebuilt. From memory it went up to qld 7 or 8 years back.

Pictures of the interior would give a good idea of whether or not it is indeed this car.

If it is the same one, it would have had substantially more money spend than the asking price.
    i was wondering about that ,but considered that younger buyers may need to know that an older car with a 1 lite engine need not drive like a morris minor ,pugs

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    Looks a lot like the car halfbrick and i checked out at broadbeach in feb ,halfbrick contacted a well known mechanic in bris who had done a lot of work on it and the report was quite good ,the car had some small issues ,and at the time neither of us had time or space for it ,presuming its the same car it should be quite good,presuming the work has been bone ,at the time it was advertised on carsales for $600 ,by the time they put rego ,tyres and repairs on it ,the price seems reasonable ,i used to own one of these but in no cit expert ,pugs
    If I remember correctly the one we looked at was a 1220 & I don't think there was a roof rack. cheers Dave

Think that pugwash may be thinking of werdna's GS beige wagon that was for sale around then. It had been a southern car, but I don't know that it came from as far south as Tasmania.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    And......?
    Apologies harrison - I'm so used to posting on my blog where other GS tragics (or sympathisers) have been tracking my ride.

To put it into context (if you didn't notice my avatar), here are some snaps from today at Point Addis, Victoria - the experts claimed the surf was clean today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whoaa GS-img_0601.jpg   Whoaa GS-img_0597.jpg  
    Last edited by sparkey; 14th September 2014 at 07:31 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

UFO

It looked great in that photo that is date tagged 2011.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Craig, if I tell you that photo was taken in a garden at Kurwongbah, you'll possibly know who did some work on it after the fellow who phoned CCCQ members found a vehicle. If Nalin looks at the photos supplied when he bought his car he might also recognise the garden.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Fellow Frogger!

Why the seeming reluctance to stop talking in riddles and say it (whatever it is) out loud? If it can't be said in public, then don't say it at all.

leaving me with the suspicion that it must be to not upset someone who might read this forum - that when provenance is obvious b.s. it will be talked around - not called.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfbrick View Post
    If I remember correctly the one we looked at was a 1220 & I don't think there was a roof rack. cheers Dave
    Not my car. It looks like it in the small picutres though. I didn't know there was another beige GS on the Gold Coast. Makes mine look like good value!! As above, no roof rack and a 1220 motor. Mine was a southern car, but not that far south. From my records and information passed on it was originally a UK car, then moved to Sydney, then to the Sunshine Coast hinterland, then in my care on the Gold Coast. I can check it out if anybody is interested. I have no vested interest and wouldn't mind looking at the car for comparison.
    Andrew

I'm trying to indicate that I don't think the ad is a scam, as an earlier poster had questioned its authenticity. If I had actually responded to the ad I would state that it wasn't a scam more blatantly, but as I already have 6 GS's in my backyard I don't need another one and am not going to waste the vendor's time.
    The people I don't name choose not to be part of this online forum so I don't see it as my place to splash their names here. I'm not inferring anything about their previous involvement with the car or the quality of their workmanship. I'm just trying to protect their privacy. At the same time, anyone who knows of my involvement with the local club and with GS's would question why I didn't know these people were involved with this car if they contacted the vendor and were told.
    Last edited by Bruce H; 15th September 2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: more time to explain.
    Bruce H

Sorry Bruce - had not meant to offend.

No worries fnqvmuch.
    Trying to bridge the gap between those who use the this forum and those who don't can sometimes be a problem, particularly when a Google search can link to a message here that mentions someone's name. If anyone wants to know who I'm not naming they could always message me
    Bruce H

It would appear the GS has been snapped up as it is no longer advertised (3 weeks on the market). Without having seen the vehicle, based on the comments of this thread and having just completed 2 x GS resto/preservo's in the last 18 months, I suggest $4.5k would be a fair price.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...20Citroen%20GS

Maybe we will see it at Cit-in next year. Anyone know if the car has a new owner?

A club member & I were tallying the time I spent on my brown GS resto (400hrs) and based on me being an amateur versus a professional taking about half the time (or less) we put the value down to a minimum $20k.

I'm interested in a comment made recently where a professional restorer based in a country location can churn out restos at a cheaper rate than city folk because shed rentals are cheaper in the country. Maybe 'churn' is the operative word and that's why a lot of its not done, or is it lack of passion for a marque? Suppose freight comes into the equation.
    Last edited by sparkey; 10th October 2014 at 07:10 PM.
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break

Thread Information