De-Pressurising the C5 Hydraulic system WITHOUT a computer??...
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default De-Pressurising the C5 Hydraulic system WITHOUT a computer??...

Hi Guys...here is the problem of the week!!...OK the car is a 2007 C5 HDi BiTurbo and I have a fractured hydraulic pipe - looking at the car from the front ie. battery on right, the pipe that is connected to the left hand sphere and then runs down the bulkhead behind the left hand side of the engine in combination with 2 other hydraulic pipes making a 3 pipe combined unit (PSA part No: 5270RN)...

I cannot access a Citroen dealer - don't ask!! - and I need my regular mechanic to replace or repair the pipe...BUT...I need to pressure down the hydraulic system WITHOUT using the computer...

Advertisement

My question is: How do you de-pressurise the system without using the computer to open all the ports??...and then when the pipe is fixed; How do you bleed the system WITHOUT using the computer to open all the ports??...Any help most gratefully received...thanx a mill dizzy...PS any hints or tips on extracting the pipe combo gratefully received!!!

1000+ Posts

There's some info in the Cit handbooks-
    the 2005 English one at http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...us_t3_2005.zip,
    the 2007 French one at http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...%20complet.zip

Tadpole

Hi 'seasink' thanx for that heads up, the English manual is surprisingly legible and relatively easy to understand - what were the 'Frogs' doing on that day we ask ourselves??!!...does anyone know exactly what the 3 pipes in the assembly do, as in, are they all high pressure - I don't think so as the car has been standing for about 6 weeks with the suspension on High and the suspension has not collapsed? - or maybe the two smaller diameter ones are simply hydraulic oil return pipes??...any help most gratefully received...thanx again dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    There's some info in the Cit handbooks-
    the 2005 English one at http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...us_t3_2005.zip,
    the 2007 French one at http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...%20complet.zip

1000+ Posts

Default Pipes !

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyblond View Post
    Hi 'seasink' thanx for that heads up, the English manual is surprisingly legible and relatively easy to understand - what were the 'Frogs' doing on that day we ask ourselves??!!...does anyone know exactly what the 3 pipes in the assembly do, as in, are they all high pressure - I don't think so as the car has been standing for about 6 weeks with the suspension on High and the suspension has not collapsed? - or maybe the two smaller diameter ones are simply hydraulic oil return pipes??...any help most gratefully received...thanx again dizzy
    Hi Blondie
    Looking at the parts diagram (assuming correct model !) gives these three items ;

5270 RJ

HYDRAULIC TUBE DIAM 3,5-LONG 681
    5270 SR

HYDRAULIC TUBE LEFT

DIAM 10 LONG 1287

5270 RN

HYDRAULIC OIL BACK HARNESS
    DIAM 10

So the third item is referred to as hydraulic oil back harness(which is the return lines). Three pipes clipped together, i.e. harness. However looking at the diagram, which I cannot copy here, there appears to be one high pressure supply line to the sphere from the height valve and two return lines. One from the height valve and the other from ? the height valve also ? Perhaps the height valve has a low pressure return line as well as a seperate leak-off return line.
    The high pressure line has a rubber flexible section at the top where it goes to the Sphere mounting. The return lines perhaps join a fitting to another return line to the tank. It is not clear on the diagrams !!

If the height has not fallen then its not a high pressure line ! Those pipes do leak a bit on mine. I think its the junction of the flexible hose and the metal tube. The oil runs out the bottom of the cover sleeve. However it seem to be better than it was before so i have not proceeded with a repair. I might look further if you wish.
    Jaahn

Thread Information