Been to Citromobile?
  • Help

Default Been to Citromobile?

Thinking of a holiday next year, and wondering if it's worth extending a stay by a week or so just to visit Citromobile for a day. The photos just of the car park often look interesting.
    Opinions?

Advertisement

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

UFO

Between that and EuroCitro it seems to be on of the must do events.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

You can see it all in one full day. Atmosphere is very good, relaxed, lots of different nationalities. I've been twice in last 6 years, it used to be held near Utrecht but now close to Amsterdam. There's a good set of parts available, second hand as well as new, and the Dutch are particularly keen on the D and SM, always have been. Not as many cars or parts there as at EuroCitro last month, but usually a very good variety. All the normal stall holders are there selling new or remanufactured stuff, some doing quite a trade.

The first time I went I managed to get a used front anti roll bar and a good front arm for my SM for 60 euros, whereas I found the people at EuroCitro were asking a lot for pretty much everything - like one guy sticking out for 70 euros for a good used LHM tank for a D! Things have changed a lot since I got into Citroens because they were so damn cheap. If you're looking for stuff there's a pretty good chance you'll find it there, and it's yearly which is why I think it rolls on and lots of people get out there.

Cheers

Marc
    Cheers, Marc.

1987 CX GTi T2 Maikonics
    1972 SM 2.7 carb
    1972 DS21 EFI

Thanks Marc for the detailed reply.
    If I'm after any parts they'll be for GS, Xantia or DS3, and will preferably be light and able to fit in the suitcase for the flight home the next day. I bought a bargain NOS Xantia door mirror at the Harrogate ICCCR, but found that other than a reasonably good range of GS (mainly remanufactured) parts there was little available for these models at the ICCCR. When it comes to new parts it can be more beneficial to buy from here and pay the shipping, to avoid the VAT.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information