New C1 Test
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New C1 Test

Default New C1 Test

First there is this test of the new C1

Advertisement

If you go to the site the video came from, they have a link to tests of the Cactus as well, none in english though, and some other interesting stuff.

New Citroen C1 City Car Reviewed in the UK
    Last edited by Greg C; 4th September 2014 at 07:40 PM.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Found quite a good test in English on the Cactus. Is it too SUV for you.....

Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post

If you go to the site the video came from, they have a link to tests of the Cactus as well, none in english though, and some other interesting stuff.

What is the reasoning behind a white number plate on the front and a yellow one for the rear?
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

Did anyone watch the Aygo test to find out what the difference between the two was?

CitroJim has one of the just-superseded C1 models. He loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothFlow View Post
    What is the reasoning behind a white number plate on the front and a yellow one for the rear?
    It is so that in the dark the police can see which way round the car is as the number plates are reflective.
    Cheers Andrew

cactus is an extremely bad name for a car. seriously. what marketing cretin convinced Citroen this was a winner?

what an imagination...

I don't know the extent of the conotation but I have for many years used it slang for broken.

VW has colonized an African tribal name associating or connecting their particular models to the qualities of the Touareg tribespeople, I reckon Citroen should rebrand it as a RAID, then you get the history connection of Citroen with the driving style and a funky 'mysterious' more edgy name.

"I'm taking the Cactus".

"I'm taking the RAID".

Then again that couldsound like you are going to exterminate flys!
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 5th September 2014 at 11:28 PM.

In Oz i can't wait for one to cut in front of me so i can say "Ya Cactus Prick"

One on the side of the road with the bonnet up would have me pull up and yell {Your Cactus! Cactus Mate"

Though having watched the video, i like it.

Maybe the way they drive in France, "Bonsai" might have been a better name.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz

Dodgem

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

He didn't mention how it rides? It seems like a modern day version of a 2CV SUV (just needs a fold back roof)
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    cactus is an extremely bad name for a car. seriously. what marketing cretin convinced Citroen this was a winner?

what an imagination...

I don't know the extent of the conotation but I have for many years used it slang for broken.
    Hi Steven,

Have to agree here - but then what do you expect from a company who took the name of probably the greatest car ever made - and used it as a marketing ploy for something completely different....

But then the company has not been "Citroen" since 1974....

Of the 5 (voted in some thing last century) most influential cars in history Volkswagen have produced an modern Beetle, Fiat have produced their modern 500, BMW produced the new Mini (go figure) and Porsche are still making their 911 all raking in the cash by directly leveraging the nostalgia of the original concepts - and Citroen produce the "DS Line"..... the DS you having when your not actually having a DS.

Talk about missing a golden opportunity.

No offence intended to current DS owners - it's probably a brilliant car. I just don't think they should have used the name unless it was true in some way to the original concept.

Cheers,

Mark...

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Lets take one for a spin up into the wombat state forest and see how we go.... If it's useless ofroad, what's the point of making it big ugly and boxy. I just scrolled through the 15minute video in 90seconds.... Who give two shits what the interior "feels" like or looks liek ... or what the exterior looks like .... who cares what sort of "Iwank" options it has. All the crappy "must have" blue tooth/gps crap will be out of date and unwanted by the tiem the cars 6months old either way.

It's a pretend wank tank so:
    --will it go offroad ?
    --does it ride like an empty dump truck ?
    --is it actually a 4wd ? does it have a reduction box and transfer case ?
    --Does it have decent suspension ?
    --Can you see out of the ugly looking monstrosity, or are the pillars so large are the rear windows so weeny it's an accident waiting to happen?

What a pointless car, if there going to build a wank tank .... use the hydraulic suspension, they have the opportunity to make the most unbelievable on/off road vehicle ever with the use of hydraulics. If there going to make a road car ... give it some decent supsension, don't make it hideious looking ... put some decent suspension under it....etc,etc...

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I second that opinion
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

it is none of the above. it is a general purpose, take the kids to school vehicle with anti scrape bars to fight it out in the supermarket car parks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Has there been any word yet on an Aston Martin Cygnet version?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I used to drive my kids to school in a GS, 2 x CX, a BX. Admittedly they used to plead with me to park the tatty GS around the corner, not out the front of the school. They did the job a lot better than the Cactus might do. They will do when and if I get any grandkids. The C1 apparently doesn't ride as well as the Hyundai I10!!!! Who is running the company, where is the daring to make a proper car that pays homage and uses the common memory of what Citroen stood for. During the latest Masterchef (I was forced to watch) the best part was the adds for Alfa Romeo. There was a brilliant add where the new Giullietta is driving through the city and black and white montages of past Alpha's appear, all beautiful cars of course. They milk their history. Obviously Citroen don't know their history.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

CitroŽn now has a different meaning. The history is of a marque, nothing more. There is no continuity of corporate ownership, management or inspirational design. It is now a marque for badging on common platforms with Peugeot and Dongfeng. The marketing experts will use perceived linkages with the history as they find it appropriate to push the products. What else did you expect? They don't seem to find the DS suspension sufficient of an image linkage to overcome its cost disadvantage and loss of standardisation. PSA are marketing their DS marque mostly to people who have never ridden in a hydropneumatic suspended car, so that is understandable. Marketing for the industry has shifted to emerging economies with first time buyers so the present and the future are more presentable than the past. Calling the car the Cactus show contempt and an irrelevance of the Anglophone markets.
    I am now using my GS for everyday transport, having sold the Honda back to Honda since no one wanted to buy the GS at a fair price. The ride comfort is not matched by anything current that I have sat in. I miss the power steering and the air con but that is all.

Is their going to be a "Dongfeng Cactus"? cause that's a name worth getting the brochure for :-P
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz

Personally, I think the Cactus is a brilliant design.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

The five reasons why I will never buy a Cactus
    1 The population average is ageing and me with it. Reflexes are not as fast as they used to be. I reject all cars which demand removing a hand from the wheel and the eyes from the road to change internal functions not directly concerned with driving. It is not made any easier if, with one's falling off of dynamic range of focus, one has to look away from the road and focus on a touch screen in the middle of the dashboard. I am going to stay with cars with tactile controls that I can learn to operate with both eyes on the road.
    2. It skimps on features to cut its price and still fails to get down to the French benchmark of quality/price set by the Duster, which remains my choice in this utility vehicle bracket.
    3. The scrape protection is a great idea but it does not cover the rear hindquarter where my cars suffer. I am forced by selfish parkers eating in the restaurant opposite, to turn into my drive on full lock to accuracies of the paint thickness between body panel and concrete pillar. I don't always get away with it.
    4. I need a rear seat that folds down flat.
    5. I don't think I can live with the name, even in France

Citroen was always a marketing quandary. On one hand producing very simple & robust transport for those on a budget then on the other, technologically advanced and complicated cars for those wanting more. Makes sense having a DS line. The Cactus fits the budget range well. The name will gander great publicity, so it's clever in a way. Opening rear side windows for the dogs would be nicer than a pop out venting for here. I'm sure the back seats fold flat? The reviewer needed to lift the squabs first (like a C4). If it comes with a large opening roof, powerful A/C and long travel suspension it will be a winner here as it has surf & sand lifestyle connotations. Bucket of Coronas, mattress in the back etc. Citroen Sandman? Now there's better name....
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    The five reasons why I will never buy a Cactus
    1 The population average is ageing and me with it. Reflexes are not as fast as they used to be. I reject all cars which demand removing a hand from the wheel and the eyes from the road to change internal functions not directly concerned with driving. It is not made any easier if, with one's falling off of dynamic range of focus, one has to look away from the road and focus on a touch screen in the middle of the dashboard. I am going to stay with cars with tactile controls that I can learn to operate with both eyes on the road.
    2. It skimps on features to cut its price and still fails to get down to the French benchmark of quality/price set by the Duster, which remains my choice in this utility vehicle bracket.
    3. The scrape protection is a great idea but it does not cover the rear hindquarter where my cars suffer. I am forced by selfish parkers eating in the restaurant opposite, to turn into my drive on full lock to accuracies of the paint thickness between body panel and concrete pillar. I don't always get away with it.
    4. I need a rear seat that folds down flat.
    5. I don't think I can live with the name, even in France
    I'd never buy one 'cos it looks as appealing as a bucket of vomit ... and appears to do nothing that a base model korean car wouldn't do.

Anyone that's driven a GS will know where I'm coming from

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information