C5 and Blueteeth
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: C5 and Blueteeth

Default C5 and Blueteeth

I recently purchased a 2010/11 C5 Comfort in perfect condition. The only thing that doesn't work is my Samsung Galaxy S2 which won't connect properly to the C5's Bluetooth system. It drops in and out and won't bring up the calls directory. Allpike Citroen in Perth have had a look at it and say they have found it is a fairly common problem with some Android phones, but not all. The system works perfectly with my 4 year old Nokia, however, but it is not a modern Smart phone.
    So I am resigned to selling my Galaxy and need something to replace it with for around $200, (so it won't be an iPhone!). I went for the Galaxy because it had an 8mp camera and was very slim. I hate bulky phones.

Advertisement

Grateful for any advice from C5 Comfort owners on what they have found seems to work.

UFO

I think the statement "fairly common with Android phones" is a bit of a cop out. Both Deb and I use Androids - Deb has had a few as the previous model she had was dodgy and she had several replacements - but all of her phones and mine easily connect to the BT in my C5. Recently when in France we had a C4 Picasso that also had BT in it. Again both our phones connected and due to the system in the car they also played audio files seamlessly.

Perhaps you should first check that your Android's software is up to date, then on both the phone and the car, delete the pairing then reboot the phone and the car. Then re create the pairing.

Also consider where you put the phone while you're in the car. Although mine has worked from the boot (!), so position within the car is not that important.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

My experience with Android is that they work perfectly until you install new applications
    Most applications haven't gone through enough testing to detect interoperability bugs. For example, my Samsung Note 2 sometimes fails to reconnect to my home wifi network and I know it is because of an application I have installed earlier this year but I have no idea which one.
    It also stops bluetooth audio streaming about every twenty minutes and requires pressing play button to resume.
    I would try resetting the device to factory settings (backup the data first) before proceeding to replace it.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

The Galaxy is a new one. I have re done factory settings and updated firmware. Would seem that it is the CitroŽn's Bluetooth settings that need a reset or firmware upgrade, but I have no idea if such a thing is possible. There must be a module somewhere, but probably within the radio or an associated computer. Someone must know. I wonder who?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The Galaxy is a new one. I have re done factory settings and updated firmware. Would seem that it is the CitroŽn's Bluetooth settings that need a reset or firmware upgrade, but I have no idea if such a thing is possible. There must be a module somewhere, but probably within the radio or an associated computer. Someone must know. I wonder who?
    Hi Allen,
    I don't your phone model or the bluetooth headunit installed in your car but. . .

You can check compatibility here.
    Citroen Bluetooth

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Hi Allen,
    I don't your phone model or the bluetooth headunit installed in your car but. . .

You can check compatibility here.
    Citroen Bluetooth

Cheers
    Chris
    I question the usefulness of that "tool" as the four different HTC models that I know have worked in my car are not even listed. The list seems quite dated.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I question the usefulness of that "tool" as the four different HTC models that I know have worked in my car are not even listed. The list seems quite dated.
    Why doesn't that surprise me

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Chris.
    Thanks for that. It's obviously impossible for all cell phones to be listed here. My Galaxy S2 (which was a huge seller) is not. I see that quite a lot of the Galaxys that are listed are either not or are only partially compatible with the C5's system. So that appears to be the end of that.

Thanks for the advice however. At least it gives me a clue about what to look for if I ever buy another mobile phone. Will just stick to the old Nokia which does work well in the car.

Thread Information