C4 Picasso poor economy
  • Help

Default C4 Picasso poor economy

Just purchased a 2008 Picasso 2.0 liter diesel 6 speed auto, very happy with the car but the economy is rather pathetic, have done 2500kms and its doing around 9 liters per hundred, even driving from sydney to melbourne i got 8.2 not very good compared to the 406 hdi it replaces that did 6.2 easy, anybody had this issue and how was it sorted, some thoughts i had was diry air flow meter or clogged intake system from egr, car has 180k on the clock just had new particulate filer and fluid tank fitted before i bought it

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

The DW10B motor does have a clogging EGR problem from time to time, particularly so if the previous owner/serviceman used the wrong oil.

Fellow Frogger

Just a thought ... It's the 6 speed, but is it actually changing up to 6th? If there is low turbo boost, it will not change up to top and tends to hold lower gears, which would give poor economy. Three things to check are split boost hoses, cracked y-piece in the vacuum harness down the front and that the vacuum hose is still attached to the turbo actuator at the back of the engine. There is also a vacuum operated air-mixer valve down the front of the engine, so you could check that it operates correctly. Maybe even a vacuum leakdown test??? Fuel leakage around the injectors? New or S/H particle filter???

definitly changes to six has load of power, i know about the vaccum pipes they are all good, what does the air mixer valve do, if egr was blockewd wouldnt it come up with an error code

no fuel leaks or diesel smell around engine, particulate filter was second hand out of a crashe car with 12,000 on the clock, thats all working fine, does regen burns every 400kms ish

Thread Information