05 c3 pluriel 1.6 window bang/broke/glass dropped
  • Help

Default 05 c3 pluriel 1.6 window bang/broke/glass dropped

Hey my dad just asked me to help him out his c3 window went bang when he pulled the switch to wind up and the glass fell down. The window will go down but not up. Any idea what the issue may be and also can someone describe the process to remove the door card without damaging anything? Any pictures etc would be great.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Front window? Don't operate it as you will only damage the drum and cables now that the cable cable will have gone slack. The front window regulator doubles as the window guide, so you may have trouble taking it out and leaving the glass in. There are parts on eBay if you want to try to repair it. I'm not 100% sure now, but the plastic clip that holds the glass is the same as for a late Xantia, but they are sided parts.

I can't recall how to get the trim off, but it is plastic and may crack if you force it. There will be concealed screws under the grab handle, which clips on from memory.

Here is the exploded parts diagram you can get from the service.citroen.com website.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05 c3 pluriel 1.6 window bang/broke/glass dropped-c3-pluriel-window-mech.jpg  

Exactly the same thing happened to our Xantia. Remove the window regulator mechanism and take to somebody who reconditions them. We took ours to Electric Life in Moorebank in Sydney. They may have a branch down south.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

That's probably the quick fix. They might send you out one in advance if they have stock, but I know they like to retrieve damaged units.

I've bought repair kits before, Berlingo, Xsara, Xantia variants but often a bit slow in the post and you still need to be on the ball with reassembly - the cable tension is higher than one might imagine.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by s900t8v View Post
    Hey my dad just asked me to help him out his c3 window went bang when he pulled the switch to wind up and the glass fell down. The window will go down but not up. Any idea what the issue may be and also can someone describe the process to remove the door card without damaging anything? Any pictures etc would be great.
    It's the left side rear (passenger) window.

Thanks Ed. ;-)

Thread Information