Xantia steering rack boot replacement
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia steering rack boot replacement

Just got another Xantia, seems excellent except that the boots are split & this is a defect preventing registration in the ACT. Cant find anything on doing a search in this site, however I have been told there is a zip up boot that means they can be replaced without disturbing the rack, tie rod ends etc. Anyone know of these? Alternatively what is involved in replacing them?

Regards

agd123

Advertisement

Driver's side is easy, passenger side you're recommended to use a rubber gaiter instead of the thermoplastic type. One chap I know, slips them over a greased dessertspoon to clear the PAS ram fixing stud. Passenger side outer just needs tapping in gently by repeated "laps" around its perimeter steel band.

Addo is right. Drivers side is easy. I found passengers side so difficult, I took it to Cit mechanic who has the right cone, grease and brawn to get even a floppy new rubber one over the PAS ram fixing round thingy bit. This is one of the few bits I get others to do.

Apparently the service procedure for fitting this rack cover involves taking out the steering rack.

Ring around some Cit Peugeot mechanics and see who has got a technique all sorted and is prepared to take it on at a reasonable cost.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information