xantia remote locking issues
  • Register
  • Help

Default xantia remote locking issues

hi just trying to help a friend fix his remote locking, fault is the key is working has been tested at lock smiths but car doesnt respond, have initalized it a per the hand book but no success, have checked fuses all good, has anyone got some good ides

Advertisement

S1 or S2?

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Balki View Post
    hi just trying to help a friend fix his remote locking, fault is the key is working has been tested at lock smiths but car doesnt respond, have initalized it a per the hand book but no success, have checked fuses all good, has anyone got some good ides
    I have the same problem. Neither my remote nor my drivers door key operate the central locking. When I can be bothered, I will remove the console where the Citroen central locking computer is and replace it with a SuperCheap Auto one. I already have replaced the Plip with the SuperCheap Auto remote. It clicks inside the car but the Citroen central locking is dead. I will write up an article when I get around to fixing it.

Overall it doesn't worry me, as the Xantia left unlocked is easy and convenient to get into. Nothing is left inside which would satisfy a thief. No thief is that desperate that they want a Xantia. In short, central locking on a Xantia is just a delusionary over reaction by the French.

John

After I fix the central locking, I might fix the heater blower fan, although we have done 3 summers and 3 winters without the aircon or the heater working. I just tell my wife to dress for the weather and to use some more under arm charm on the hot days.

1000+ Posts

Gee you're a hard man John! And your wife must have the patience of a saint! It cost me $3,500 to stop my wife whingeing about my Xantia - I bought her a 406 !!

Alas my Xantia also has central locking problems, and a heater that hardly works (blocked by Bars Leaks ). At least my aircon works! Have replaced melted plug to blower fan, which has bought a bit more time there...

But those are minor issues compared to the lack of compression on cylinders 2 and 3, and the state of my RH strut top .

Strangely enough, the 406 has done more km than the Xantia, and has none of those problems!

Cheers

Alec

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Balki
    Does c/lock work properly with the key?
    The 405 cousin had a master control unit in drivers door for the actuators. Had trouble with a new 405 11 that opened car with remote but wouldn't lock (or other way round).That was replaced under warranty. Check the relay as well.
    That was the infra red system on Peugeot.
    Alain

Its a series two, lock works perfectly from the key

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

And the lockies have confirmed there is a 433MHz signal.

I've encountered this, have you tried holding the fob right above the passenger airbag lid; this is close to the Texton box as you can get from outside the dash? If it mostly works now, it's a weak transmitter.

Any Xantia II 433MHz remote fob can be programmed in; it's one of the security weaknesses. They seem to go for peanuts on the English market, so that is one place to try.

JBN

Its a series two, lock works perfectly from the key

Via the aussiefrogs App
    If the central locking works perfectly with the key (mine did once), for $50 SuperCheap Auto sell a complete central locking kit complete with two remotes. I just used the receiver box to replace the box in the roof lining above the interior rear view mirror. Cut the wires from the old unit and attach to the new unit and bingo - you now have remote locking. I can post some pictures showing which wires to connect if anyone is interested.

John

Pictures would be fantastic please

Via the aussiefrogs App
    2016 Cactus
    2003 Range rover l322
    1974 D special
    1971 D special
    1992 CX TGE Safari
    1961 ID19
    1972 DS21 Safari
    1965 Renault R4
    1923 Citroen B2
    1927 B14
    Massey ferguson 550

John has a Series 1. The central locking is actuated by a Kiekert box that only drives the lock motors. The signal comes into the Kiekert box from the roof mounted IR receiver, via two wires. So if you add aftermarket remote locking to a S1 you cut the infra-red control wires and use the new receiver to activate via this pair.

In a Series 2 car the lock motors are powered by the same Texton box as comprises the RF receiver. These are once only able to be paired to your engine ECU as they also include the transponder which authorises your ECU to start. So you cannot buy a used one and fit it, without also fitting its corresponding ECU and knowing the 4 character secure code for programming in keys.

Thread Information