C4 Coupe Boot has a mind of its own
  • Register
  • Help
    don

Default C4 Coupe Boot has a mind of its own

Hi all my C4 Coupe is starting to pop the Boot when I unlock the car and sometimes when I open the passenger or driver doors.
    Would I be correct in thinking that the micro switch will need some attending to in the not too distant future?
    it has had the rear harness recall fix

Advertisement

Some interesting fixes in this UK post.
    Forums / C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems? / Opening the car door now also opens the boot?? - C4 - DS4 Owners

In particular:
    "I have had this problem and fixed it myself, It did take a while though.

Firstly before spending any money, lift the tail gate pull the rubber gaitor covering the wires that go from car to the boot lid out of its hole in the boot lid (this is a little tricky, & citroen have taped around it internally to make the job even harder), check the wires inside as you will most likely find the insulation has come off a couple, IF so insulation tape them up, you may also find one of the 1mm yellow wires has broken or is about to, you will need a soldering iron to reconnect any broken wires.

The other problem with the boot locks, is there is a plastic flap over the microswitch, this relys on two very small pieces of plastic to return it to its original position, i.e. not constantly depressing the microswitch, prise the flap off carefully and you will see if they have broken off. If they have get a cheap ballpoint pen with a spring in it, cut the spring down carefully so you have two springs the same length, and refit the flap with the two new springs, there are two nice round indents in the flap that locate the springs nicely.

These two things should leave your lock working as it should."

Good luck
    Anthony O'Brien
    2019 C4 Cactus
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

don