Xsara still no go-yawn
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xsara still no go-yawn

Sorry for the boring post but despite being dull, the little Xsara is a very lovely/nice car to drive....

But as per previous post, suddenly refused to start.. I bought a new coil pack/ignition module and installed.. Still no go..Battery is currently on charge to eliminate it as cause..

I'm used to fuel lines that you can pop off to see fuel pumped through and ignition leads that can show you spark. This car offers none of this.

Any more ideas?

Advertisement

Next thing is mobile auto electrician, who will probably be as trial an error as me, and charge me for it in the process.

Fellow Frogger!

FWIW..and for those who may be interested.. The problem is solved
    Fresh battery charge no good..
    15 min Tow truck trip...hook up the diagnostics..no codes..try the ignition and car started..

Code read "key not recognised"

It appears that a previous suggestion to this problem was correct an the immobiliser panicked and shut down..
    So guessing the solution was to leave the key in the ignition for an extended period.

Facelift Xsara? the transponder aerials can go intermittent. It's not super common (I have replaced one on a Xantia) but a possibility, as is an intermittent contact in the COMM unit power supply or poor earth.

If you've only got one key, Murphy will be stalking you...

Thread Information