Citroen C5 Abs warning light on and failed ministry test in uk
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Citroen C5 Abs warning light on and failed ministry test in uk

Hi ive had my C5 in for its mot knowing the abs warning light was on saying a breaking fault had it on diagnostic machine and came up with the code C1350 ( Electro valve internal )
    me and the mechanic cant find what valve this refers to does any one know how to fix this fault please

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

There a four solenoid valves inside the ABS unit, that control opening & closing of the brake circuit for each wheel. If one is indeed faulty it's what we would call a rego (=MOT) failure here in our version of Liverpool (NSW).

Before you find an ABS rebuilder, check the state of the electrical connections to the ABS for corrosion, water, and general crud - if the wheel arch liner isn't perfect it's a good spot to get filthy.

I've got a Toyota ABS data sheet here, and that fault code is attributed to a bad earth connector to the unit, which also comes down to a connector check.

I had a quick Google and it seems to be talked about over there. It isn't so common here, which made me wonder if corrosion is behind it. Anyway it's still early here, so others may be along with more info later.

Tadpole

ty for your help the mechanic said buy a abs pump from scrapper and try that

1000+ Posts

Considering how much they cost new, a scrapper makes sense. I'm still intrigued though at the large number of cases of this error reported in the UK forums, compared to how few people report it here, even allowing for the difference in French car numbers. There are a lot of Bosch units in Australia. I spoke to a bloke here who does Jap cars who has fixed it by tidying up the contacts.

There are a couple of regulars on this forum who are workshop based; perhaps one has experience.

Thread Information