• Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By David Cavanagh
  • 1 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By seasink

Thread: Citroen Dealers not so bad?.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Citroen Dealers not so bad?.

When it comes to describing most Citroen Dealers diagnostic and repair ability, many of us retort in the negative. Myself included.
    However, here's a little story which shows we, as Citroen owners, are not alone in the rip off world of automotive ineptitude.

Son has a Mazda 6 and he notice a couple of drops of oil underneath the thing on his driveway. Investigation proved it to be a power steering hose leak at the pump connection.

THURSDAY, took it to Mazda dealer at north side of Brisbane for inspection but found no inspection could be carried out, it must be booked in for that, so it was booked it in for following MONDAY, first day available for Mazda dealer, telling them he must have the car back by 2pm because he needed it to start work at 4pm on the other side of Brisbane.

MONDAY he rang Mazda, they hadn't started on the car, but it had been inspected and the trouble seemed to be a copper seal at the pump hose end, shouldn't take long. [How often have we heard that]. He again reminded them of his time frame, Yes no problem, give us a ring in an hour mate.

MONDAY ARVO he rang again, Yes they replaced the copper washer but there still seems to be leak from underneath somewhere, we'll have to get our diagnostic guy to have a look, but he won't be here until tomorrow. Sounding familiar yet?.

TUESDAY he rang again, yes they've looked at it and found the steering rack is leaking and they need to replace it.
    Son- "Ok go ahead". Dealer-"No we'll have to get it from the warehouse, won't be here until tomorrow".

Advertisement

WEDNESDAY AFTER LUNCH, he rang again, Yes the rack has just arrived, [unlikely] so we've started removing the old one and the car will be ready tomorrow. [Remember their agreement to have the car finished on the same day by 2pm].

THURSDAY, he rang again, No not ready yet, we've fitted new box but there's a noise in it so we may have to change it again. We just don't know at the moment.

FRIDAY he rang again [boring isn't it] Well we've fixed the noise [cause supposedly unknown, but most of us here will know, or have an idea what it might be] but the oil leak is still there, so we'll have to get our diagnostic guy to look at it again. unfortunately he won't be here until MONDAY.

MONDAY he rang again, Yes the diagnostic guy has been and reckons the oil leak is coming from one of the steering rack boots, so we'll replace both of them to be on the safe side. We'll get them express from the warehouse, but we won't have the car ready by 2pm so give us a ring tomorrow morning mate.

DAY OF RECKONING- TUESDAY, he rang again Yes, car is ready, buuuuttttttt we also had to replace the steering pump with a new unit because the copper sealing washer didn't work.

Now will that be cash or credit?.

Maybe Citroen dealers aren't any worse than others.

Have you disowned him yet?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Have you disowned him yet?
    Years ago, but I'll lay London to a brick he now wishes he had put up with the leak until I could do the job, but he'd never admit it. Serves him right having to ride the BMW to and from work at 3am in our recent cold snap. Reckons he had the handlebar heater screwed right up and he still couldn't feel his fingers. They never learn. Ah big sigh.

Is there only 1 diagnostic person in Qld for Mazda. Once apon a time in a time far forgotten every workshop had people who could do there own diagnosis. Let me see now what were they called. Oh yeah that's right. Mechanics!!!!!
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Mate, you should buy yourself a nice land rover so you don't need to worry about this sort of stuff .....

I've been told my 18" wheels VOID my warranty - Updates to come. - Australian Land Rover Owners
    shanadoo likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

Real Landrovers use 750R16 bar treads.

Has anyone else read the new longer warranty for Citroen http://www.citroen.com.au/citroen-6-year-warranty - my feeling is that so much is excluded it's really a trick to tie you to dealer $ervicing for longer.
    shanadoo likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Real Landrovers use 750R16 bar treads.

Has anyone else read the new longer warranty for Citroen Citroen 6 Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and Roadside Assistance - my feeling is that so much is excluded it's really a trick to tie you to dealer $ervicing for longer.
    Quite so.
    Manufactures warranty has so many "not covered clauses". I used to hate arguing with owners why they were being charged for something they thought was covered under the 3yr warranty.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Mate, you should buy yourself a nice land rover so you don't need to worry about this sort of stuff .....

I've been told my 18" wheels VOID my warranty - Updates to come. - Australian Land Rover Owners
    Hi That's a funny forum. It starts with this statement " Hi Unregistered, Please be advised your account will be deleted if you have not made a post on the forum with in 1 year of joining."
    jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

3am no traffic, BMW motorcycle or Mazda 6? I'll take the bike, any bike. At least one will arrive at their destination refreshed and feeling very much alive!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by moulton2speed View Post
    3am no traffic, BMW motorcycle or Mazda 6? I'll take the bike, any bike. At least one will arrive at their destination refreshed and feeling very much alive!
    So would I, but not at 3am with the temperature in the low single figures. And not after spending 12hr, 2klms underground in noise and slush on the night shift. I'd have to superglue my eyelids open after 10pm. Incidentally this is a guy who did a 19 day motorcycle tour of north Vietnam, sometimes in sub zero temperatures and loved it. Reckons the only thing he took off when he went to bed was his helmet. I told him he often did that as a youngster. His BM is a K1300R, got more electronic stuff than the latest C5, when will it all end.

1000+ Posts

err...night shift? Aren't they all the same down there?

I went down the pit a few times eons ago, and hated it.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    err...night shift? Aren't they all the same down there?

I went down the pit a few times eons ago, and hated it.

Quite so, only coming up for meal breaks, but in those early hours of the morning the body screams SLEEP. I worked the ghost shift myself for a couple of years, many years ago, 11pm-7am it gets to you after a while. Cheers.

Thread Information