citron c5 2004 BSM change (UNDER BONNET FUSE BOX)
  • Register
  • Help

Default citron c5 2004 BSM change (UNDER BONNET FUSE BOX)

HEYA
    i have citroen c5 2004 2000 cc petrol 138 hp.
    my under bonnet fuse box AKA BSM B4 is pretty lost - the box itself is melting.
    i wanted to buy a used one but cant find a BSM B4 SIEMENS.

can i use BSM B3? B1? they look alike apart they dont have a fuse numbered 16 which goes to air pump or something.

Advertisement

please helpppppp

cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by mudale mudale View Post
    HEYA
    i have citroen c5 2004 2000 cc petrol 138 hp.
    my under bonnet fuse box AKA BSM B4 is pretty lost - the box itself is melting.
    i wanted to buy a used one but cant find a BSM B4 SIEMENS.

can i use BSM B3? B1? they look alike apart they dont have a fuse numbered 16 which goes to air pump or something.

please helpppppp

cheers
    I think B3 without fuse 16 is for the diesel. Go with the original Siemens part number to get the correct unit. Ebay UK has a good selection and reasonably priced. Stay lucky.

heya
    cant find a BSM B4
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel as if the bsm will burn if ill turn on the AC

Fellow Frogger!

heya
    cant find a BSM B4
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel as if the bsm will burn if ill turn on the AC
    The trouble with Ac wire burning may not lie with the fuse box but with the control unit mosfet. The AC connections at the fuse box are fitted with heavy copper terminals so make sure these fit tightly into the box [after cleaning up any burnt and melted plastic]. Then I would try re-seating the AC control unit Mosfet. Lift up the Mosfet and clean off the old gunk completely, then apply a good thorough coat of Silicone Heat Transfer Compound. And don't be miserable with it, use plenty, it's cheap from electronic supply outlet. I did this on my own 2004 Hdi C5 a couple of years ago after massive melting, and it's been going strong on the original factory control unit ever since without showing any excessive heat, and I run the air con nearly all the time at 19deg in summer and 21deg in winter, so it works hard. Stay lucky.

already changed the mosfet itself
    changed twice the whole module ressistor
    i guess after this ongong heating took place - th BSM got hits for a long time....
    some one suggested me to do a bypass with maxy fuse straight that would bypass the BSM

what do you think about this suggestion ?

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    The trouble with Ac wire burning may not lie with the fuse box but with the control unit mosfet. The AC connections at the fuse box are fitted with heavy copper terminals so make sure these fit tightly into the box [after cleaning up any burnt and melted plastic]. Then I would try re-seating the AC control unit Mosfet. Lift up the Mosfet and clean off the old gunk completely, then apply a good thorough coat of Silicone Heat Transfer Compound. And don't be miserable with it, use plenty, it's cheap from electronic supply outlet. I did this on my own 2004 Hdi C5 a couple of years ago after massive melting, and it's been going strong on the original factory control unit ever since without showing any excessive heat, and I run the air con nearly all the time at 19deg in summer and 21deg in winter, so it works hard. Stay lucky.

Fellow Frogger!

already changed the mosfet itself
    changed twice the whole module ressistor
    i guess after this ongong heating took place - th BSM got hits for a long time....
    some one suggested me to do a bypass with maxy fuse straight that would bypass the BSM

what do you think about this suggestion ?
    Can't see why that shouldn't work. Go for it. Just make sure you take the voltage feed from a KEY ON supply.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 25th July 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Thread Information