Spare tyreCitmen
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SLC206

Thread: Spare tyreCitmen

Fellow Frogger!

Default Spare tyreCitmen

citmen.What are your thoughts on placing original spare tyre on rear wheel along with a later same size tyre with different tread patern. Spare is Mitchy 225 55 17 and not made .any more. I am concerned about the ride factor. Last day today of my 75th year on this planet. Tomorrow Who knows??? Thanks.TOMFROG

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

That came as a surprise.

Mine is fitted with rather expensive Michelin Primacy HP 225/55R17, which I notice isn't included in Michelin's site any more - Car Tyres. They now recommend equally expensive Primacy ST - http://www.michelin.com.au/Products-...rim-3-tyre.pdf

Does anyone know what's on a brand new car? Happy birthday tomorrow, Tom.

1000+ Posts

Apparently the new ST range is exclusively for SE Asia and Australia - to reduce the noise of our sealed chip roads. Michelin claim it stops quicker. How that relates to also lasting longer remains to be seen.

Happy Birthday, Tomfrog
    addo likes this.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Seconded.

Hi Tom,

Happy Birthday.

I have had some fun with tyres, tyre deflation sensors and wheels for C5X7. I am still running a couple of Primacy HP tyres on the front of mine even though it has now passed 100k km.

Check this post:

Location of C5 X7s being recycled

Cheers,

Ken W

JBN

I would just leave that tyre as the spare and hope that it works if you ever needed it. I still have an original Michelin on my Xantia that hasn't been used in anger for nearly 20 years. This eradicates any mismatch between what the car is currently shod with.

I am against using the spare wheel in any wheel rotation as there are too many other factors involved. Normally I just move the front tyres to the rear, keeping them on the same side.

I think next year I will need a full set of tyres. After that, I will just replace the fronts (often) and the rears only when they need it. No tyre rotation of any description. I find I scrub out the shoulders of the front tyres, not helped by the fact that there is an interesting set of S bends near my place culminating in a wicked left hand turn at less than 90 degrees, which has the car standing on its front drivers wheel after a savage dose of the brake and equally savage dose of the throttle.

I just like driving Citroens and giving my money to Michelin who saved Citroen from oblivion in 1934 (and me from oblivion on a number of occasions since)..

John

Fellow Frogger!

thanks for birthday wishs.OOOmy bloody head Tomfrog.

Thread Information