Lift wanted - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lift wanted

A CX has a great ride, especially the wagon and the Prestige but it's not in the same class as a DS or an SM; it's just a little different. Some passengers find my ID 19 to be a little TOO soft. I'm surprised I've never undid their seatbelt and threw them out onto the curb for saying that!

Advertisement

A good CX is hard to find as loving owners are few and far between. The immaculate one for sale in Tasmania is just how I remember them as a kid in the 1980's.
    Mungous likes this.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Thanks to all who have contributed - I seem to have kicked a hornet's nest. I gather that the general opinion as far as comfort and ride is concerned goes something like this : ID > D > CX > Xanthia > BX (perhaps) then the modern hydraulics etc.
    Now back to the original question, "Is there anyone in the Melb. area that could give me 20 minutes and perhaps 3 or so kilometres in their beloved CX ??"

Rim. Z

Fellow Frogger!

Having had both the D and CX the main difference I found was the D was like sitting back in my favorite lounge chair and allowed the world to pass by with out a care, The CX I found to shrink around me and somehow feel, dare I say even sporty. Both beautiful comfortable cars the D just a fraction better for entry into and out of.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Tazzy I found that a BX tends to shrink around you and "somehow feel, dare I say even sporty". My only catch possibly with the BX is the car I drove your arms were almost straight steering it and hands slightly above the shoulders. Seats themselves very comfortable. But nowhere to rest you right hand elbow like the arm rest in say a GS..

Rim, we haven't exactly bombarded you with driving offers, have we? I have a CX25 TRI safari here on the Mornington Peninsula which would represent the species well. It is unfortunately out of registration at the moment while a long-running obscure, intermittent electronic fault was found and fixed. Just this week we had victory but it is still a few weeks away from being roadworthied and returned to the road. If you like I'll PM you when the car is ready. Meanwhile does anyone on this forum know if Mark McKibbin in Warragul has a CX in his fleet? He would be the closest.
    Where were you at Easter, Rim? There were 150 Citroen nutcases at nearby Rawson for Cit-in and you could have ridden in several CXs.
    2006 C5 2.0 HDI estate - daily driver
    1981 2CV - The Amelie project is complete.
    1930 C6F torpedo - My Great Folly! Project under way.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by J'aime la vie View Post
    Hi Tazzy I found that a BX tends to shrink around you and "somehow feel, dare I say even sporty".
    My only catch possibly with the BX is the car I drove your arms were almost straight steering it and hands slightly above the shoulders. Seats themselves very comfortable. But nowhere to rest you right hand elbow like the arm rest in say a GS..
    I agree the BX did have the sportiest feel and was smaller than the D and CX and the ride was Citroen comfortable , Just the BX seemed to lightweight with all the plastics. The GS is an all together different car to the BX feeling more solid . Sorry I did not include the BX and the GS in my response. My little GS wagon is ever so close to being on the road again CV joints next to be done.

Did someone say BX Estates rock?
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information