C5 Wiper blade replacement
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fritzelhund

Thread: C5 Wiper blade replacement

Tadpole

Default C5 Wiper blade replacement

My 2005 C5 is fitted with a pair of Bosch wipers, and I need to replace the rubber blade inserts. These are held into the holder by two end caps which in theory should be easily removed, so I can slide the worn rubbers out. I can't figure out how to do this without damaging the main wiper, and the owner's manual is silent as are workshop manuals I've seen. I think it's absurd having to replace the whole assembly when new rubber blades are all that's necessary. Any suggestions on how to remove the end caps?

Advertisement

Richard

1000+ Posts

There's always EAI: Wiper Blades

Fellow Frogger

If they are the pedestrian-friendly variety, they are not meant to be dismantled so you have to pry them off. I think you will struggle to find the correct profile rubber even if you do get them apart. better to buy a new pair or convert them to the earlier style wipers. Even then, finding the correct 26+ inch insert for the driver's side is a hassle.

Fellow Frogger!

I have found them locally at Supercheap, and bought them off Ebay ( posted from the UK ) as well. These are the pedestrian friendly versions that are "one piece" style that are located onto the arm with a simple pin.
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Thread Information