CX 25 TDR Diesel pump settings?
  • Register
  • Help
    Kenya, Africa; Kiev, Ukraine, and Albury, NSW

Default CX 25 TDR Diesel pump settings?

I have had all the diesel pump seals replaced on my CX 25 TDR, and the injectors reconditioned, and after a lot of hassles trying to re-time it (a large part of a day's mechanics's work, which I wasn't asked to pay for thankfully), it is running really well, with plenty of power. However, the mechanics were not sure about the pump fuel settings, and my brother says that when he drives behind me he can smell diesel (I think un-burnt, although he is not much of a mechanic), and says it smokes (possibly because I deliberately put my foot down on acceleration). So can anyone point me to where I can find the correct fuel pump settings?

It is actually pretty economical, as on a run from Albury to Sydney and back it was returning (from memory as I wrote it down somewhere for safe keeping and it seems to be VERY safe!) around 48 m.p.g. I know this is pretty good for the model, but still I would like to get the original settings, as it should not be leaving an un-burnt diesel smell in its wake.
    Any help appreciated.

Advertisement
    Shane

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It's normal for those old diesels to smoke a bit, it shouldn't blow black smoke though (possibly under full load is ok). It'll probably clear up after it good and warm though. If fuel economy and power is good, I'd be leaving it well alone
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Kenya, Africa; Kiev, Ukraine, and Albury, NSW

O.K. Shane, thanks for that.
    Shane

Thread Information