Help please on searching this bloody forum
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leconte

Thread: Help please on searching this bloody forum

Default Help please on searching this bloody forum

I've just spent a wasted hour trying to search this forum to no avail, so I'm asking the assistance of somebody much more adept at it than me.

What I'm looking for is a thread, not so old, about the DS headlamp dampener device. You know the one tucked up inside the driver's front guard and connected to the main lamps by a rod. This thread had photos of a dis-assembled unit and surmised that it should contain a small amount of LHM.

Anyhow if somebody could point me to this thread and give me some tips on how to successfully search this site, I'd be much appreciative.

Advertisement

Cheers,
    Dave Rogers
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
    I've just spent a wasted hour trying to search this forum to no avail, so I'm asking the assistance of somebody much more adept at it than me.

What I'm looking for is a thread, not so old, about the DS headlamp dampener device. You know the one tucked up inside the driver's front guard and connected to the main lamps by a rod. This thread had photos of a dis-assembled unit and surmised that it should contain a small amount of LHM.

Anyhow if somebody could point me to this thread and give me some tips on how to successfully search this site, I'd be much appreciative.

Cheers,
    Dave Rogers
    Hi Dave,

Aussiefrogs search in the drop down is next to useless, use the AF Google search. . .

Top right hand corner 'Google Search' enter your search detail and press enter on your keyboard, it works. . .

DS Headlight Damper

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Dave,

also please note that all the major forum categories default to only showing pasts for the past month. However you can change this (and other) defaults if you scroll down to the bottom of the list of threads. There you will see a set of values under the heading Thread Display Options. You can select a much longer time period so if you know roughly when the post appeared, you can see it and many other threads in sequence by changing some of these settings.

i have seen other people posting comments that indicate they think that posts disappear, well they don't (great aussiefrog web disaster excepted) and the combination of google site search and changing the defaults will let you get the most out of the forums (fora?).

Cheers leconte
    Kim Luck likes this.
    1962 Heidelberg ID19 "Axel"
    1965 Heidelberg ID19
    half owner 1974 GS 1220 Convertisseur Break

Thanks GB & leconte. Correct thread and my future search problems solved. Forever in your debt.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Thread Information