Xantia Central Locking
  • Register
  • Help
    JBN

Default Xantia Central Locking

The central locking has stopped working on my 1995 Xantia.

Advertisement

A number of years ago, I replaced the "plip" with a SuperCheapAuto remote and receiver. The receiver (in the headlining above the interior rear view mirror) replaced the original after I worked out which wires to join. The system worked fine until yesterday. A week ago, it momentarily stopped working until I replaced the battery in the remote. Then the remote worked well until yesterday.

When I click the remote, a red light comes on in the remote and I can hear a click in the receiver inside the car. But there is no noise from the door locks unlocking. Furthermore, the central locking can't be activated by key in the drivers door.

I suspect that there must be a fault in the central locking controller buried in the centre console. Does anyone have any idea on this?

John

If you're not familiar with the exact controller location:

plip telecommande xantia

It should be possible to expose the unit's connector by removal of the trim insert above - saving you from complete removal of the console. Testing with another unit would be one approach. BTW my schematic shows F27 as feeding the control box.

JBN

Thanks Addo. Sometimes being able to read French would be a real advantage, but at least the pictures are universal.

I have a complete Super Cheap Auto remote central locking. After I locate the central locking unit, I should be able to replace it with this one. It appears from the SCA unit and the Haynes electrical diagram, that the drivers door is the only complex bit as it can be either manually unlocked or remotely unlocked. Either way, whatever happens to the drivers door is imitated by the passengers door, rear doors, boot and fuel flap. Depending on the size of the Citroen controller compared to the SCA controller, hopefully I can locate it in the same place, which means that I am near to all the wires concerned.

Both the Citroen controller and the SCA controller have 8 wires so I shouldn't blow too many fuses or start too many fires working out which wire is which.

John

Xantia door locks have the motors built in, and failures are almost unheard of. To break one, you need to supply voltage for too long; then it strips the internal gears.

They only started failing when they went to the C5, which has a great knack for the rear door locks jamming terminally, inside their guts.

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Thanks Addo. Sometimes being able to read French would be a real advantage, but at least the pictures are universal.

I have a complete Super Cheap Auto remote central locking. After I locate the central locking unit, I should be able to replace it with this one. It appears from the SCA unit and the Haynes electrical diagram, that the drivers door is the only complex bit as it can be either manually unlocked or remotely unlocked. Either way, whatever happens to the drivers door is imitated by the passengers door, rear doors, boot and fuel flap. Depending on the size of the Citroen controller compared to the SCA controller, hopefully I can locate it in the same place, which means that I am near to all the wires concerned.

Both the Citroen controller and the SCA controller have 8 wires so I shouldn't blow too many fuses or start too many fires working out which wire is which.

John
    I'd be looking at the relay contacts in OEM controller , even if means a partial disassembly of the unit. It will be a lot easier to clean up re-tension some contacts rather graft in another controller. My experience suggest it's normally relay contacts that fail/become intermittent.

Frankly the trial and error method of wire function tracing really worries me. Perhaps more of an issue with body ECUs. But in my view every blown fuse when tracing /connecting new devices is a potential blown output transistor on some device within the vehicle loom.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post

John
    Hi John,i must have parked the ct near you as it has similar problems;the red light only means your battry is ok and the unit is attempting to send the message. To lock my car one has to lock each rear door then drivers door with key followed by front pass.door with key. to unlock,by unlocking drivers door with key the passengers door is also unlocked but not viceversa. Don't even mention the boot or fuel flap. When you have solved it PLEASE PLEASE let me know,Andy. Have not been overly concerned as it has a keypad so I can leave the key in the car and no one can start it.

Have you tried swapping in another control box?

Thread Information