New 2014 limited edition C5 2.2 exclusive
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New 2014 limited edition C5 2.2 exclusive

Default New 2014 limited edition C5 2.2 exclusive

Well Ive done it----traded in the 2010 C5 120kw hdi and bought a new 2.2 150kw limited edition.

Nothing wrong with the 2010 model ---I loved it.

As Ive mentioned on this site previously I don't know why the dealers don't have a long line of purchasers at their door as the C5 is an under rated car.
    BUT...... the 2.2 is fantastic no turbo lag and its more economical. Same motor as the Jaguar and Peugeot GT... looks good as well!!!
    150 kw and 450nm ----same as the old 2.7 v6 hdi.
    At first I thought the 19inch low profile tyres would be an issue but it is more sure footed on the road and quieter than the 2010 c5 Yes the ride is firmer but still a Citroen.
    Standard equip includes sound system, dual exhaust, 19 inch tyres on Black / silver mags. Limited colours.
    not sure if there are many left as Citroen said they were only bringing in 40 cars. $57,990 drive away.
    The Peugeot GT is more than $63K.
    ......and no I don't work for Citroen Australia.
    Cheers
    Old Coot

Advertisement
    Boyracer, prozac and danielsydney like this.

Hasn't anyone else seen ,driven,or purchased a new Limited Edition C5 ?
    most interested in others comments
    Cheers,
    Colin

We have a 2011 Comfort and I really enjoy driving that. Don't know that I'll ever get an 'Exclusive' if I keep buying these 'oldies'
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

I had the last of the 'old shape' 2.2hdi C5 and it was the most comfortable car I ever owned. I was tempted to trade it on a newer one in 2012 but found the seats hard and uncomfortable, and the ride harsh compared to my '08.
    They are beautiful, and I hope you get heaps of pleasure from it. For me, just too 'un Citroen' and modern European - rock hard seats and bang crash ride.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    We have a 2011 Comfort and I really enjoy driving that. Don't know that I'll ever get an 'Exclusive' if I keep buying these 'oldies'
    Won't you have to go to steel springs if you buy another new one??

I totally agree that they are totally under-rated. 450 Nm from 2.2 litres, ye gods!!!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

The Citroen Australia Facebook page states that the oleopneumatics are safe and have a future!
    Current Cars
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1991 Mazda E2200

The Citroen Australia Facebook page states that the oleopneumatics are safe and have a future!

16th April 2014
    CITROňN C5 comfort thanks to the Hydractive III+ suspension: It's part of our DNA.
    And we've just had confirmation that it's here to stay.
    danielsydney likes this.
    Current Cars
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1991 Mazda E2200

Apparently, no more 1.6 petrols and steel springs. Hydraulics, 2.0 and 2.2 HDi only.
    danielsydney likes this.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

yes that's what I was told .... aussies dont seem to accept a 1.6 petrol in a Commodore sized car.
    Think they are reviewing the whole range of vehicles.

Fellow Frogger!

I have 2012 1.6 petrol with steel springs. Goes really well - 240 nm from 1400rpm means it does need much revs to pull along. Rarely exceed 2500 rpm when accelerating around town. The car is more a competitor for mid sized four cylinder cars such as Accords and Camry. Goes better than a 2.4 litre Camry and Accord that's for sure. In terms of ride, not as soft as hydro version but handles more sharply. Has double wishbones upfront. Ride is still very good - way better than my sisters 407 and say a Camry of similar vintage. I am entirely happy with the steel suspension and appreciate the lack of complexity. I paid just under $30k on the road for it (when Ateco was clearing out) - base Camry money. Which would you have bought?
    renault12 likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I have 2012 1.6 petrol with steel springs. Goes really well - 240 nm from 1400rpm means it does not need much revs to pull along. Rarely exceed 2500 rpm when accelerating around town. The car is more a competitor for mid sized four cylinder cars such as Accords and Camry. Goes better than a 2.4 litre Camry and Accord that's for sure. In terms of ride, not as soft as hydro version but handles more sharply. Has double wishbones upfront. Ride is still very good - way better than my sisters 407 and say a Camry of similar vintage. I am entirely happy with the steel suspension and appreciate the lack of complexity. I paid just under $30k on the road for it (when Ateco was clearing out) - base Camry money. Which would you have bought?

TRT

Quote Originally Posted by old coot View Post
    Hasn't anyone else seen ,driven,or purchased a new Limited Edition C5 ?
    most interested in others comments
    Cheers,
    Colin
    Congratulations on the purchase - it is a great Citroen IMHO.

I have a 2011 C5 Exclusive with the same 2.2 motor (150KW and 450 Nm). Should be the same body as yours, with a couple of minor tweaks. I agree it is a magic machine. Effortless power, and I did a return trip to Merimbula from Canberra a fews weeks ago and got 4.9 L/100k. Unfortunately fuel economy is up in the low 7s in city traffic. But on a trip it is remarkable.

I did a test drive of a DS5 a month to so back and was appalled at the turbo lag in the 2.0 motor. So am sure you will continue to notice the difference.

What features are in the limited edition (apart from 19 inch wheels)?

TRT

1000+ Posts

What are the code numbers (DW12xxxx) for the new 2.2 HDI? I'd like to see what I can find about it.

All the usual exclusive features including a sun roof,daytime running lights etc. Huge front brakes, Denon sound system, twin exhausts. the exhausts alone make it go faster-----well at least it looks like its going faster. Colours and seats were predetermined ----mine is Pearl white w black seats.
    Said Id never do black seats again but I like it, and so does SWMBO ....which of course is very important.
    It is a complete different animal to the 2010 2lt that I traded ...it sticks to the road and is quieter.
    The DS5 interested me but after driving the 2.2 twin turbo C5 ....there was no turning back.
    Cheers
    Colin

Ill check it out and get back to you...later tonight

Not sure but is this what you're after?

Engine 10DZ864023560

VIN VF7RD4HLAEL502071

1000+ Posts

4HL is the VIN engine code. i'll try and see what it translates to. DW12C perhaps.

1000+ Posts

I did some digging on the DW12CTED4 engine. Apparently there was some design outsourcing for the development from the previous 2.2 HDI - there's an article at http://www.bertrandt.com/fileadmin/d...in_11_e_72.pdf

TRT

Quote Originally Posted by old coot View Post
    All the usual exclusive features including a sun roof,daytime running lights etc. Huge front brakes, Denon sound system, twin exhausts. the exhausts alone make it go faster-----well at least it looks like its going faster. Colours and seats were predetermined ----mine is Pearl white w black seats.
    Said Id never do black seats again but I like it, and so does SWMBO ....which of course is very important.
    It is a complete different animal to the 2010 2lt that I traded ...it sticks to the road and is quieter.
    The DS5 interested me but after driving the 2.2 twin turbo C5 ....there was no turning back.
    Cheers
    Colin
    Sounds pretty much the same as mine. Sun roof was not standard, but the one I bought had one. Ateco bought three into Australia (arrived in Oz Feb 2011). I got the Gris one - they also brought in a black and a white one. Other than that sounds the same, even the black seats.

The 2.2 motor (4HL in VIN code) was a joint venture between PSA and Ford. Both started using it in European cars assembled after December 2010. As well as the C5, it was used in the Ford Mondeo. More recently I noticed it is used in the Peugeor 508GT.

I drove the DS5 and agree it's a step down from C5. I really noticed the turbo-lag (and lack of power) from the DS5's single turbo.

TRT

Now that there's been a "technical" article published, can we point out that your are both driving a single turbo 2.2?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

It's not just the turbo. There have been so many changes to the "hung on" bits around the head that the new and old 2.2 engines don't look alike. I wonder what the Oz journalists will say about the German engineering when they get round to denigrating this C5 model v anything German. As Gerry Freed keeps saying, cars are now international efforts.

I wish they'd stop putting so much on the back where the screen overhang above and the cross member below deny access. The EGR valve motor and cooler look very inaccessible. The 2.0 DW10C motor puts them in front with a port passing through the head.
    Last edited by seasink; 16th June 2014 at 01:03 PM.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Now that there's been a "technical" article published, can we point out that your are both driving a single turbo 2.2?
    There you go again Simon - trying to introduce facts into a discussion.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

TRT

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Citroen launch announcement of new engine back in 2010 (see para 2)

CITROËN C5 HDi 200 DPFS, A BLEND OF POWER AND ECONOMY
    A new engine is making its appearance in the CITROËN C5 range, a new-generation 2.2 litre power plant bringing across-the-board progress on power, torque, silence, fuel consumption and CO emissions. Upgrades made to this engine are in line with those already used on other diesel units in the range (4-cylinder, 1.6 l and 2 l, 3 l V6). They chiefly concern the common rail system, now third-generation, with maximum injection pressure up to 2,000 bars, combustion chambers retaining ECCS (Extreme Conventional Combustion System) technology, and a lower compression ratio (16 to 1), for enhanced operating silence and lower emissions.

Engine feed is still via two turbochargers, whose parallel sequential set-up provides plentiful torque from the lowest engine speeds.
    The CITROËN C5 HDi 200 DPFS develops 150 kW EEC (204 bhp) at 3,500 rpm and maximum torque of 450 Nm to 2,000 rpm.

Mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox, the engine provides remarkable performance, with a top speed of 230 km/h (225 km/h for the Tourer), 0-100 km/h in 8.3 seconds (8.6) and combined-cycle consumption of 5.9 l/100 km (6.1). The saloon emits 155 g/km of CO
    and the Tourer 159 g/km. Like the CITROËN C5 HDi 240 DPFS, the new version stands out visually with its chrome-finished double tailpipe.
    Last edited by TRT; 19th June 2014 at 08:22 PM.

1000+ Posts

This gets confusing. A PSA document doesn't count the turbos, but implies only one-
    http://www.peugeot-citroen-moteurs.f...e_publique.pdf

A Spanish released spec makes it clearer:
    Monoturbo de geometrŪa variable con refrigeraciůn por agua del casquillo central provenientes de MIH (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited)

Single variable geometry turbo with water cooled bearing obtained from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited
    So there's a change of turbo make as well.

On the other hand, twin exhausts would suggest two manifold discharges.

Fellow Frogger

I suspect the blurb is in error. It's a single large turbo on the current model and the one TRT owns. It must be so as a dealer told me so only today! The old shape cars had a twin or siamesed turbo unit.

There was a good write up on the model by an owner of the white car from the same batch as TRT's in the CCCNSW mag a couple of years ago as I recall. One of the NSW club people might recall it and be able to include it here. It's essentially the same car and they are selling quite well apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information