C5 lighting
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By seasink

Thread: C5 lighting

Default C5 lighting

I've just bought a 2010 C5 Comfort, 38,000 kms and still in pristine condition. Shipped it from Adelaide to Margaret River and it arrived yesterday. Runs beautifully, but there are a couple of tiny irritating annoyances. The two interior lights (front and rear) in the roof go on as they should when the doors are opened, but the map lights either side (both front and rear) won't work when I switch them on. Neither do the lights either side of the mirrors in the sun visors when I lift the flap. Can't believe all the globes have blown (haven't checked them yet), and can't see that it could be a fuse, because other interior lighting wouldn't work. Any suggestions? Reluctant to take the C5 to a local sparky, and the agents in Perth are a long way away. Just wondering whether there is a correction that is needed in one of the complicated menus that I'm still trying to get my head around.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Ignition switch on?
    addo and shanadoo like this.

Just been out to mine and checked seasink's suggestion. He is spot on!

Yes, ignition on. also tried when headlights are on, but no luck. I see that all the lights that don't work are all connected to fuse F7. However I have checked that and it's ok. Even tried a replacement, just in case. Would appear that somethings come detached somewhere, but heaven knows where.

The "simple" fix would be a set of schematics for the interior lighting. You can get these from the paid subscription side of Service CitroŽn at about $8.30/hr, else a dealer might take pity on you and print them off.

Will talk to the service dept tomorrow of the firm from whom I bought the car. It does come with a 3 month warranty. Hope that might provide a fix. All the rest of the car is immaculate.

NEXT DAY:

Discovered the light in the front ash tray didn't function either. Checked the cigarette lighter and it was a melted mess. Checked the fuse, (30 amp) and it was blown. Replaced that and everything now works (except the lighter). Presumably the 30 amp fuse is a major feed of power to some of the other electrics as well.
    Last edited by Allen; 9th June 2014 at 07:47 PM.

NEXT DAY:

Discovered the light in the front ash tray didn't function either. Checked the cigarette lighter and it was a melted mess. Checked the fuse, (30 amp) and it was blown. Replaced that and everything now works (except the lighter). Presumably the 30 amp fuse is a major feed of power to some of the other electrics as well.

Thread Information