Citroen c5 suspension
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen c5 suspension

When I open the front door a loud clicking noise is audible from the front suspension. It eventually stops and then starts again for a couple of seconds. Any ideas of the cause?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

It's not really very specific information. You need to pinpoint the location of the noise. Is it from the left, right, something catching on the moving parts or from the pump unit behind the right headlamp. I'm assuming it's an early C5 of some description???

It could be unrelated to the suspension. Relays? Headlight level motors on a V6? The original C5 could make a loud clicking noise from the middle of the dash when the flap motor failed and turned on the damaged shaft.

Thanks David for that guidance. The C5 is a 2008 model, the last of the old shape. The noise is coming from the front driver's side and I will try and isolate it tomorrow and put another post on if it doesn't correct.

In the light of day I have worked out that the clicking noise was, I say was, coming from the front of the engine. The depollution system warning lamp has now come on and I suspect there is a causal connection . I think I better put another post on.

Thread Information